Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Party Time!

Last Saturday Jantzen celebrated his birthday with his friends. He chose to have a Wonder Pets theme and was really excited for his party. His friends that were there were...Jaron, Kennedy, Sadie, Tate, McClayn, Bailey, Emma Lynn, and John. I printed out some Wonder Pet coloring pages and bought crayons for the kids to color when they first got there. After doing that for a little bit we decided to start playing the games that Jantzen picked out.



The first game that they played was "pin the tail on the donkey". Jantzen was supposed to go first, but he started being a stinker and didn't want to do it so we let Jaron go first. After Josh talked to Jantzen a little he decided to give it a try. The kids all got two turns and did a pretty good job, although I think some of them cheated. After that they played a "cake ring toss" game. This one was a little hard for most of them. Only a few got the rings on the candles, but they all seemed to enjoy it anyway.



Then they played bowling. Jantzen was so excited for this one. He did pretty good, but it was Jaron that really got in to it. Emma Lynn threw the ball so hard that it missed the pins and hit Kennedy in the stomach...it got her pretty good. All the kids laughed, even Kennedy.



After all the kids had a turn at bowling it was time to break open the pinata. It was too hot to do it outside so we hung it from the stairs. Luckily it was a pull string pinata so I didn't have to worry about the kids swinging a stick in the house and breaking a window or hitting a wall. Jantzen went first...nothing happened. After all the kids had a turn it still wasn't open. There were two strings left so we let Jantzen pull them both. Finally the candy came out. I'm kind of glad that it was Jantzen that got to pull the magic string. I made sure to have extra candy so everyone would get some. I ended up sending the kids home with a ziplock bag full of candy.




Next it was time to open presents. Jantzen was so excited for this, what kid wouldn't be. I first got a picture of him with all his friends before he could open presents. Everytime he would open a present and see what it was he would say, "HOLY COW!" It was the cutest thing ever! He was so happy with every thing he got.



The cutest though was when he opened Jaron's presents. He had been wanting to open his the whole time, but we made him wait until the end. After he opened them he was sooo happy, he jumped up and gave Jaron a huge hug and told him thank you. It was so precious. I love the way these two boys love each other.



Finally, it was time for cake. We ended up getting a cupcake cake for him this year. I think it turned out really cute! We all sang "Happy Birthday" to him and then chowed down. All the kids had two cupcakes each. I wish they would have eaten more because there was still left overs for us...not what we need.






The party turned out pretty fun for all the kids and it wasn't too stressful for me, which was a good thing. Jantzen gor a lot of new Star Wars toys...he was so happy! I know he had a good time and after everyone left all he did was play with his new toys all night.

3 comments:

nena said...

Glad it was a fun day for him!!! My kids had a great time at the party, even though looking at Kennedy in that last photo she doesn't look too happy. We know she just doesn't like to smile for the camera like the other two. But Thanks again for having them!!!
Happy Birthday to Jantzen:)

Unguren said...

I hope that Jantzen had a happy birthday. I am sure that if Gavin knew that he missed his party he would be sad. It looks like all of the kids had a good time.

Lara said...

I looks like it was so much fun! You seem to throw great parties! Happy Birthday to Jantzen!