Friday night we went to the BBQ dinner and the kids got to play games and run around. Saturday was the fun day. We went to the carnival at the stake park. The first thing the boys wanted to do was go on the rock climbing wall and the blow up slide. Jaron loved it and did good, but I didn't think Jantzen would be able to climb up because you had to hold on to a rope and then slide down...it was pretty high up there. I was wrong, he went up and was really good at it. He hardly used the rope and climbed up pretty fast. Out of all the things to do, that was his most favorite. After that they tried the slide, but didn't get a real chance at it. When it was Jaron's turn to go down the slide started to deflate because the pump had ran out of gas. I thought at first that Jaron had done something to ruin it...thank goodness he didn't. The boys had to wait to get another turn later.
They then went to the boxing ring with the big boxing gloves. Jaron went against Kennedy and Jantzen went against Tate. Jaron did good at first, but got worn out quickley. He was being too nice to Kennedy...I think he was a little afraid to hit her because she's a girl. Poor kid ended up with a bloody nose, but he had fun. Jantzen on the other hand was working Tate pretty good until he kept loosing his gloves. They were really big for him to hold. I think he really liked this game too. He loves to pretend fight.
It was hot and humid so we decided to take the boys to the water slides to let them cool off. We forgot to bring their swimsuits so they just played in their shorts. I stood at the end of the slides because kids were splashing when they came down and would get me wet...it felt really good! I wish they would have water games for the adults. Their shorts were soaking wet when they were done, but they had a good time and I don't think it phased them one bit.
After they were done playing in the water we got something to eat. Dinner consisted of tacos and navajo fry bread for Josh, nachos and navajo fry bread for me, nachos for Jaron, and french fries and navajo fry bread for Jantzen. Jaron was the only one who wouldn't have any fry bread...he's totally missing out! The boys enjoyed snow cones, which most of Jantzen's juice ended up on his shirt because he would try to eat the ice in the middle and dump everything on himself, it was kind of funny!
After we ate the boys went back to do the rock wall climb, blow up slide, and the bounce house until it was time for fireworks to start. They did get to enjoy some ice cream sandwiches and some playing around with their cousins before the fireworks began. They loved the fireworks, as usual. Some of them were really loud so Jantzen covered his ears for most of it.
When the fireworks were over and we started to clean and pack up I couldn't find Jantzen, but then I did. He had gone over to the stroller that was folded up on the ground and was laying in it. I think he was trying to play hide-n-seek. All the kids thought he was funny, maybe that's why he did it...to get a laugh out of everyone.
We had a really fun time this year, despite me being big and uncomfortable. It's nice to be able to do things like this together as a family and we can't wait until next year to take Jaedyn with us.


2 comments:
You are a nicer mom then me! I went to drop off stuff for the bake sale, and was there less then 10 minutes before I was so hot and miserable that I said we weren't gonna stay. I made Patrick take me out to dinner instead. Maybe one year we will go and join in the Pioneer Day fun. It's looks like it would be a great time, I just can't get past staying out in the heat for it. Glad you guys had fun. Maybe next year when I'm not so pregnant I'll be more willing to tough it out!
I do enjoy that they put on a little pioneer celebration. This year we just hung out at home. Funny that we are in Utah where it is a holiday and we don't do anything but when we lived there we actually would do something.
Post a Comment