On Wednesday Jaron had his awards assembly at school. Josh was able to go this year which made Jaron really happy. He received an award for math and reading (they are the only academic ones they give out). He came so close to getting a "Perfect Attendance" certificate, but he missed it by a half day. He had come home sick about a month ago. I think he still should have gotten one because technically he was there every day. The same thing happened to him last year. He was recognized by his teacher though for having come so close. He was also nominated by his teacher to participate in the school spelling bee that will be held the end of July. He did it last year and came pretty close to being a winner. Hopefully he will do good again this year. We are so proud of him for everything he has accomplished this year.
Today was his last day of school. He was so excited for it to end. I think he was starting to get burned out, but he still did good and went everyday. He made a lot of new friends this year and kept in touch with ones he had made in past years.
Here is a picture of him with Kristin. They became pretty good friends towards the end of school and he informed me today, by whispering in my ear so no one would hear him, that she likes him. I think he likes her too.
School was dismissed at 10:50 am so all they did today was play games. They all brought one to share and when I showed up Mrs. Norman was playing Twister with them. They all seemed to be happy, I wonder why. They ended their school year by playing on the computers. Jantzen got in on the action and played Poptropica like most of the other kids did. He really enjoyed himself. I think he's going to miss hanging out with Jaron at school for lunch and recess and especially playing on the computers.

Overall I think Jaron had a great time at school this year. We got his report card as we left and he did awesome! He got straight A's and we were informed that he is reading on a high fourth grade level, not bad for a 2nd grader...way to go Jaron! I am so proud of everything he did this year. Not only was he successful in his school work, but he was a great friend to everyone and because of that everyone wanted to be his friend. He's such an awesome kid and I'm so happy that he is a part of our family. Good job Jaron!


4 comments:
I'm dreading Brayden going back to on track next week, this early schedule is killer when your prego and hardly sleep well anyways. Glad you guys are on a nice long break till school starts again. Good for Jaron for doing so well!!!
What little cuties. School here just confuses me. I can't believe they are just now getting out and right before the babe. Let me know if you need anything.
Finally, you've got a 3rd grader! I'm so proud of him. Way to go, dude!
I can't believe that he only missed a half day...crazy.
Post a Comment