It was a perfect day for swimming...about 108 degrees. When we got there the kids all took off to play. The older kids spent most of their time on the water slide. Jaron had a blast on it, he didn't want to get off. Jantzen couldn't go on it because he still has to wear a life jacket and they don't allow them on the slide, maybe next year he will be able too. He just played by the smaller water slide and seemed to have a good time there.
I tried to get a picture of all the kids together, but it was very hard. I couldn't keep track of them all at once and some just took off, but this is who I got...Kaden, Caden, Jaron, Jace, Taylor, Katelynn, and Tate. I was missing three others.
While Jaron was off with the older kids Jantzen hung out mostly with Tate in the shallow end. He wanted to hang out with Jaron more, but again couldn't go on the big water slide. You can't see it in the picture, but Jantzen's swimming suit is on backwards. He put it on himself at home and I didn't notice until the party was almost over. I guess since he wasn't complaining, it wasn't a big deal.
I bought pizza for lunch and it took a while for the kids to get out of the pool to come eat, but when they finally did some of them acted like they were starving. That's okay, I bought six pizza's and had one and a half left. Very quickly after they ate, they were right back in the water.
A short time later Jaron decided he wanted to open presents. He got a lot of fun stuff, mostly water toys for the pool. He was super excited for the Transformers video game from Jantzen, the Bionicle from Caitlyn (who couldn't make it, but still gave him a present), and the Star Wars Lego set from Jace. He says he can never have too many Lego sets, especially Star Wars.
After presents, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him. I got him an Iron Man cupcake cake that started melting in the hot sun before we sang. It wouldn't fit in my cooler, but it still tasted yummy! If you look closely, you can see how it was sliding down so it says, "Happ Birthda...". The cupcakes totally covered Jaron's name.
I wasn't allowed to bring matches to the pool, so I had Jaron pretend to blow out candles. It was kind of funny. Jaron didn't want a cupcake, he is so picky sometimes, so Jantzen enjoyed one for him. You can't see it very well because the frosting is a light color, but Jantzen has it on his stomach, hands, and face. He really likes frosting!
When it was time to go, the boys didn't want to get out. Jantzen had to give me his sad face, but it didn't work, we still had to go. We were going out to dinner and needed to get ready.
Jaron wanted to go to Sweet Tomatoes, so we went with Taylor, grandma and grandpa Goddard, and Colby. Jantzen fell asleep on the way, swimmimg really wore him out, and didn't want to wake up. While I was getting him some food he disappeared. I found him laying down at one of the tables on the bench...he was asleep! He's too funny. Dinner was yummy and I think Jaron had a great birthday, even though his dad couldn't be with us. Josh had a mandatory training for work all week at night so we did Jaron's friend party on his actual birthday so he would get some kind of celebration. On Saturday when Josh's training is done we will have a small family party.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAR-BEAR, WE LOVE YOU!


1 comment:
8 years old? I can't believe you have a kid that old. Baptism time! It's looks like he had an awesome day. So, did you almost die sitting out in the heat?
Post a Comment