Yesterday I got the official letter stating Jaron got into the G.A.T.E. (Gifted And Talented Education) program at school. He was tested a couple weeks ago and did very well. There is usually two tests that have to be taken in order to make it in, but Jaron did so well on the first one that he didn't have to take another one. I was told by the G.A.T.E. teacher that he had to get a 98% or higher in order to not have to take a second test...he got 99%. I was also told that the test is very hard and is very visual. She said that the whole time Jaron was taking it that he kept saying he was getting good ideas for art projects. She also said that she could tell that he learns very well visually.
I am so excited for him to be in this program this year. I think it will be very good for him as well as fun. He tends to get bored with the everyday work routine so this will be a good stimulator to keep his brain working and not get bored. I remember being in a program kind of like this when I was in elementary and I enjoyed it very much, hopefully he will too. We are so proud of Jaron for all he has accomplished so far in his schooling and we look forward to what he accomplishes in the future. Way to go Jaron!
1 comment:
Congratulations Jaron! Smarty Pants!
Post a Comment