Jaron was really nervous the night before so Josh sat him down and talked to him about it. I think it helped a little, but Jaron was still a little nervous Saturday morning until it was time to go.
As I was dropping off the food at the church for the luncheon after, I got a text from Josh asking if I had gotten Jaron his white underwear to wear during his baptism...oops, I forgot. Since I'm a nice mom and didn't want him to have his character underwear showing through his baptismal clothes I headed off for a quick stop at Target to buy him some tighty whiteys.
We got to the stake center a half hour early like we were told to do, but Josh couldn't find anyone that could help them get their baptismal clothes so we just hung out and took pictures...don't all of my boys looked so handsome in their church clothes? Jaron and Jantzen had to get their pictures with Jaedyn. They each wanted to hold her so we had to do them separately.
Josh and Jaron finally were able to get ready so we, again, had to get more pictures...It was mostly me that wanted more pictures. Jaron looked so handsome and I could tell he was really excited to finally be baptized.
Jaron was the last one out of the stake to be baptized so it was a long wait for him. He kept telling Josh that he wanted it to be his turn. When it was his turn, we all went in and watched one of the greatest experiences he will ever have in his life. After he was baptized and started leaving the font, he looked out at everyone and he had the biggest grin on his face. I could tell how happy he was at that very moment. He got dressed and I went out to fix his hair before he was confirmed. Jaron had asked his uncle Jason to give a talk on the Holy Ghost and then it was time for him to be confirmed.
I couldn't hear all of the words that were said in his confirmation blessing because there was a lot of little kids there that were making noise, but what I did hear was very nice. I could hear the tears of happiness in Josh's voice as he confirmed Jaron a member of the church. It was so powerful that I got tears in my eyes. It made me so happy to see the huge hug Josh gave Jaron after he was done. I love to see Josh's priesthood in action. It is one of the many blessings we have in our lives.
After Jaron's confirmation he got up there with Jantzen and the rest of his cousins that were there to sing the song "Baptism". Jaron and Jantzen did a wonderful job. We then went to enjoy some yummy food and visit with everyone who came to support Jaron on his special day. We actually were celebrating both Jaron and Jaedyn at the luncheon because I didn't want to have to do two different ones, so I got a cake for the both of them. I didn't want to leave Jantzen out so I got him his own mini chocolate cake with green frosting and a Hershey Kiss on top.
Overall it was a wonderful and special day for our family to have our firstborn son be baptized. We can't wait for the day when the rest of our children can have the same spiritual experience that Jaron was able to have. We are so proud of you Jaron!


2 comments:
Glad it all went well!! You got some really great pics of your kids and hubby, so cute!! Congrats to Jaron!! :)
How awesome!!! I'm so bummed I missed it. Tell him congrats and that I'm so glad to be his teacher/friend! YAY JARON!
Post a Comment