Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yummy, Yummy!

Jaedyn has been on solid foods for about a month now. We started with rice cereal that she absolutely hated. Little does she know that we add rice cereal to her veggies to make them thicker. We then moved on to her yellow veggies, sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots. She liked both the sweet potatoes and squash, but when Josh tried to give her carrots she gagged. He probably should have just kept feeding them to her so she can get used to them, but being the sucker he is with her, he said no, he wasn't going to make her eat them. Boy, she really has him wrapped around her little finger. So, that same day we went to the store to exchange a weeks worth of carrots for some peas. This time we only bought a few days worth to make sure she liked them. I didn't want to have to go to the store again. Lucky us, she LOVES the peas! We can't feed them to her fast enough. If you don't have the spoon full of peas in her mouth as soon as you take it out from the last bite, she will try to grab your hand and shove the spoon in her mouth. It's pretty cute.

Here are some pictures of her eating her last jar of squash right before she got her yummy carrots. She was kind of getting sick of having the squash. I don't blame her. If I had to eat the same pureed food three times a day for a week, I'd get sick of it too. Although, she hasn't gotten sick of the peas yet and tomorrow is her last day on them, she will then get green beans. We'll see how well she does with those.


Jaedyn has improved on her eating solid foods since she first started. She's really getting the hang of it. I can already tell she's going to be a big helper because she loves to try and help hold the baby food jar or help put the spoon in her mouth.



While she eats, she loves to talk, spit, and sometimes she'll even growl at the spoon. She gets kind of a mean face and almost throws her head into the spoon, like when she plays with her baby. I don't ever remember the boys doing that when they eat. When her food is all gone she'll give you a look and we know she's thinking, "Is that all. I'm still hungry people." She gets a little impatient when we clean her up to give her a bottle. She'll kick her legs and throw a little tantrum, but is still so cute.



BTW, she was wearing socks when Josh first started feeding her. She kicked them off while she was eating. I hope that's not a sign of what's to come.

4 comments:

Leisa said...

I just want to eat her. She is so cute. Her little hand holding daddy's..aww!

Lindsey said...

Love it-so cute!! I think it's funny that Josh gave up on the carrots so fast though.

Lara said...

Yay for eating solids! She is adorable!

P.S. Your new blog design is adorable!

Unguren said...

The socks are the first and then before you know it you have a little kid running around the house naked.