The only part that isn't fun about having an above ground pool that is 20 feet wide (our old one was only 18 feet wide) is the prep work, but that's what kids and husbands are for, right? Josh is such a great guy to find time between his two jobs to get the pool ready for me and the kids to enjoy, and Jaron and Jantzen were so excited and willing to help out this year.
Here, my boys are moving rocks away to put the pool down. We never did move all the rocks back from the old pool, so they didn't have to move as much this time, but getting another two feet of rocks moved was still a lot of work.
It took the boys well into the night to get the rocks moved and the ground leveled...do you notice Josh's fancy laser level? He loves his toys and Jaron thinks it's pretty cool too. I think Jantzen had given up helping at this point, he'd had enough.
We had to wait until the next week to get the actual pool set up because, like I said, Josh works two jobs and he can only do it on the weekends. The boys, again, were willing participants in this process after the pool frame was up. They got inside and were supposed to help stretch out the pool floor and make sure there wasn't any more rocks underneath.
I couldn't see Jantzen at first, just his hand, so I had to get a closer shot. He's so excited this year!

After checking for rocks for a little while, the boys decided they needed to have some fun. I caught Jaron dancing, shaking his tooshy...so cute! Josh had put the hose it to fill up the pool and Jantzen had the hardest time staying away from it. That was the funnest part for him, he even sprayed Jaron a couple times.
Here, Jantzen had to show me his owie on his elbow from earlier that day...he fell off his scooter for the millionth time that week. I swear that boy needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap before he goes outside!
I had told the boys to not get wet because they weren't in their swimsuits, but while they were running around chasing each other Jantzen accidentally fell, after that it was all they wanted to do...get wet!
The boys kept playing in the pool and Jantzen kept slipping and falling down. I thought it was so funny. I know, I'm such a good mom to laugh at my kids' clumsiness, huh? I had to record them playing because they were giggling like little girls, having so much fun together. I love watching these boys play together, they are such great friends.


7 comments:
So fun. My family always had an above ground pool when I was growing up. I love them. I have many, many memories of getting it ready every summer...One year the pool needed sand around the bottom and so my dad sent my brother and I to the park with buckets to fill up with sand--ha if that's not white trash, I don't know what is!
Like I said yesterday, I totally wish we had somewhere to put one of these...they are awesome!!! Thanks again for letting us come over!
I am still trying to convince Corey to put one up this year- I missed it so bad last year. He just hates the upkeep. But I love the entertainment/exercise for the kids.
So fun! I want one :) How nice to have the boys help :) they are too cute. Good to see that they are such good friends
This pool will be the center of a whole lot of summer memories for your family. Very cool.
Looks like another fun summer at the Goddard house! Anyway to stay cool from Vegas heat is a definite bonus!
That is on the list of things that we wanted to get when we lived there. Now that it is colder here it is a distant memory...but it still looks like fun.
Post a Comment