Monday, August 30, 2010

1st Day of School

Today is Jaron and Jantzen's 1st day of school. Jaron is now in 4th grade (Wow, I'm getting old!) and Jantzen's starting kindergarten. Last night Josh gave them both their father's blessings and then they went to bed a little earlier than normal so they could get enough rest. They've had a summer full of a lot of late nights.

They were both so excited this morning. They got up and ready for school, including having their beds made, all before 7am. That's usually when I'd wake them up to start getting ready. It made me happy that I didn't have to fight them getting up, but why can't that enthusiasm last all year long. I'm hoping it will be like that all week, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Jaron and Jantzen were also excited that they got to wear their new school shoes in the house. They were running all over the place! Unfortunately that's the only time they get to, according to them.

When we were all ready to go, we headed out the door for our annual 1st day of school pictures. I had to get one of me and Jantzen because I have one of just me and Jaron on his 1st day of kindergarten. I love the enthusiasm he has for school.


Here's my super cute school boys with their nice back to school haircuts...


...and all three of my super cute kids. Jaedyn was just chillin' in her stroller reading a "Bear in the Big Blue House" book the whole way to school. I think she's getting ready for school too, except she has a few years still before she goes to preschool.


The boys are excited to be back to riding their scooters to school with their "scooter gang". I didn't get a picture of all the kids together, but it's quite the sight to see the whole bunch of them riding together.


I got one more picture with all of us together before Jaron and Jantzen went their separate ways. It's going to be a little crazy this year having the two of them at separate ends of the school. I told them I will have to alternate days with who I walk to class, they are both okay with that. I decided to go with Jantzen today since this is his first time at the school. This is when it would be nice to have two of me so I could go with both of them, but I'll make it work. Besides, it's not really "cool" for Jaron to have his mom by him, giving him a goodbye kiss in front of all his friends, so he might not want me to walk him to his line at all...we'll see! Isn't that my right as a mom to embarrass my kids? I think so.


Here's a group shot of all the kids in Jantzen's class that he already knows, courtesy of primary. It'll be so nice for him to already have a bunch of friends in his class. Notice which kid is the tallest...that's right, it's mine. At least he's a boy though and not the tallest girl like I was all through elementary.


Here's a picture of my silly Jantzen with another Jansen. They are in primary together so they already know each other, but how crazy is that to have two of them? I hardly ever hear of another kid having that name, but to have them both in the same kindergarten class is fun. It's a good thing their names are spelled different, for their teachers sake.


This picture needs no explanation!


Jantzen's teacher was talking to the kids a little before they went in their classroom, explaining what she wanted them to do, then they lined up and were ready to head off to class. Jantzen gave me a goodbye face and then was gone.



I wasn't sad for school to start today or for the fact that my baby boy is now in kindergarten. The boys have been getting on each other's nerves and need to be separated for a few hours. Besides, they both love to be with their friends, so I know I don't have to worry about either one of them. I know it will be hard when Jaedyn goes to kindergarten, not only because that means that I'll be REALLY old, but because I won't have anyone at home to entertain me.

I can't wait to hear how Jaron and Jantzen's first day of school went, but for now I'm enjoying the house being super quiet while Jaedyn's napping.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's amazing that are so many of you guys with kindergarteners together. My poor Brendan and Hailey were just born a year off from everybody. It will be fun to hear how they all did at the end of the day.

My kids have taken advantage of wearing their shoes in the house too- they have been doing it for a few days now. Kinda funny.

The Foisy's said...

Awe so cute! Love that last pic! It's so Jantzen!

Unknown said...

Can't believe everybody got in the same class like that. That is going to be so fun. Hope the first day was great!