Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday Jaron!

Today my sweet little Jar-bear is 9 years old. I can't believe how fast time is going by. He has been so excited for this day all year. Just yesterday at 9:20 am he told me, "In just under 24 hours I will be 9" (he was born at 9:16 am). He's so funny how he thinks that you can't turn the next year older until the actual time you were born.

For his birthday dinner this year he wanted to go to Cafe Rio and have a quesadilla. We told him they won't sing to him there and he said he was fine with that, but that's what he wanted. How funny is that...a quesadilla for your birthday dinner? To make it a little more fun I brought a candle and stuck it in his quesadilla, but he wouldn't let me sing to him, unfortunately, I really wanted to.


After dinner we went back home so Jaron could open his presents and have cake and ice cream. As you can see Jantzen was the birthday helper this year. He was very persistent about getting presents opened so he could have some cake.


Jaron got some fun presents this year. I didn't get a picture of all of them, but he got...the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie, the "Star Wars Battlefront" video game, a couple of wooden models to build (an airplane and a battleship), a new "Hero Factory" action figure, a "Captain Rex" action figure (that Jantzen has claimed for himself), and some roller blades. He was with me when I bought the roller blades because I had to make sure they fit, so he knew about those, but I had told him to forget about them and act really excited when he opened them. He did good. He was so excited and said it's just what he wanted! Jaron said he loved everything he got this year and it makes me happy that he's happy.



After the boys played a little with the new toys we decided it was cake time. Jaron had asked for a Phineas and Ferb themed birthday party. I found this cute edible cake image on eBay and I think it turned out so cute. For the first time ever, Jaron didn't want balloons...what? My kids always want balloons for their birthdays, oh well. I got him a Phineas and Ferb centerpiece instead. He said he liked that better.



We lit the candles and then sang "Happy Birthday". Jaron, of course, was getting a little shy while we were singing. He then made a wish and blew out the candles. I wasn't fast enough getting a picture, so what I got was the aftermath of smoke.



Jaron specifically requested the "Jaron" piece of cake, which was really big and he didn't finish, but it was still good. What a cheeser he is!


Here's all the boys (Jaron, Jace, Caden, and Jantzen) enjoying their cake and ice cream. Jantzen was being a stinker and wouldn't look at me...can you believe he was being a little stinker? I know, I can't either, that's so not like him!


And here's Jaedyn thoroughly enjoying her piece of cake. She was waiting so patiently, mostly, for her piece. When she finally got it she went to town and loved every bit of it.


As soon as the boys were done eating their cake, they quickly disappeared upstairs to play Jaron's new video game...and that's where they stayed all night. Jaron wanted Jace to have a sleepover, so we let them. They played the Star Wars game until around 11pm, then I told them they needed to shut it off, but they weren't done playing yet. They all stayed up until midnight playing Battleship and Sorry. They only went to bed then because I told them I was tired and they needed to go to bed too.

It was another fun birthday for Jaron this year, but the partying isn't over yet. He gets to continue his celebration on Saturday with some of his friends. Until then...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Are you sure he is 9?? I can not believe how big he is getting! He is such a handsome boy. Happy Birthday Jaron!

Leisa said...

How is it that you have a 9 year old? Weren't we just in HS? So crazy!
I just love his hair.