Friday, August 20, 2010

"Ladybug" Birthday Girl

Today is Jaedyn's 1st birthday, I can't believe how fast this last year has gone by. She has been such a blessing in all of our lives and we can't imagine our lives without her in it. We thank Heavenly Father for her every day. There's not a day that goes by where I don't hear her big brothers tell her how much they love her...it's so precious!

This year Jaedyn's having a "Ladybug" themed birthday party and I wanted an outfit for her that matched. I found this super cute ladybug material at JoAnn's and my friend Lara said she'd help me make it into a skirt, since I don't have a sewing machine. Instead, she made the whole thing for me while I just watched. I love how it turned out, it's so cute! Thanks Lara, you're awesome!









Here are a few things about Jaedyn at ONE...

* She weighs 19.4 lbs.
* She's 31 in. tall
* She says "mom", "dad", "Jantzen", "Jaron", "hi", "bye", and "my chair" (she says "hi Jantzen" and "hi dad" a lot)
* She's really good at waving bye bye
* She has 2 teeth on the bottom and is getting 4 teeth up top
* She loves to bite EVERYTHING, especially toes!
* She's always trying to lick mine and Josh's feet, gross, I know
* She loves to eat almost anything we give her
* She loves to play in the pantry
* She's always trying to turn the TV off
* She loves to sing and dance, it's the cutest thing
* She sings to "Old McDonald" while playing with her Little People barnyard set
* She's started standing up while holding on to things
* She's started walking with her stroller
* She can now crawl up the stairs
* She finally sleeps in her crib at night (her dad was sad about that)
* She throws a tantrum by messing up her hair
* She's obsessed with cell phones
* She loves to chew on the boys' PSP controller
* She folds her arms when we say prayer
* She's learning bad habits from the boys (ie. throwing toys off the stairs)
* She loves to help me sort the laundry
* She still hates the grass
* She loves her front facing car seat
* She loves Jantzen's stuffed dog, "Starly"
* She's always so happy to see her daddy and brothers
* She's so happy all the time, even with her teething

"Happy Birthday Jaedyn", we love you so much!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is a cute skirt- still blows my mind that they are all this old already. They are so much fun though. Hope she enjoys her day.

Lara said...

I totally should have had you do it...sorry! I took away a good opportunity for you to make it! Next time!
She is adorable! Happy Birthday Jaedyn!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! Can't believe she is 1. So crazy! Super cute skirt.

lcdiaz said...

Happy Birthday Jaedyn! Wow! is she really 1? She is so cute and she is doing and talking so much! Thats so great! I'm going to do a ladybug party for Reagan too :) So cute! Let me know how you and your friend made that cute skirt...I might have to copy :)