Monday, August 2, 2010

Jantzen's New Ride!

Last Saturday we took Jantzen to the dry lake bed to ride his dirt bike for the very first time, he was so excited! We got up early, not as early as we had planned, so we could do some riding before it got too hot.

When we got there, I got Jantzen all geared up and ready to go. Jaron forgot his gear bag with Jantzen's boots inside, so we let Jantzen wear Jaron's boots. However, we found out that the boots are not very kid friendly and are a little uncomfortable so we'll have to buy another pair. I felt bad for Jaron not being able to ride, but he didn't have any protective gear and I want him to be safe...next time he'll remember.

Josh gave Jantzen a quick lesson on how to use the brakes and throttle and then went for a little ride with him, letting Jantzen control the bike.




After his lesson, Jantzen was off on his own. At first he would only ride around the car, and he wasn't paying attention very well, so Josh made him go farther away and then he did a lot better. He was having so much fun and stayed out for quite some time.


After about a half hour to 45 minutes, Jantzen came in for a drink...it was getting soo hot! You can tell by his face that he's really enjoying having his own dirt bike.


It wasn't long until Jantzen went back out on his bike. This time Josh went with him on Jaron's bike. Josh had him follow him around the whole lake bed and Jantzen seemed to go pretty fast! They raced each other back to the car and I think Jantzen won, or Josh let him win.


Doesn't Jantzen look so cute in all his riding gear? He had such a fun time riding his bike and he can't wait until the next time he gets to ride. He's also already asking to have the training wheels taken off his bike...I don't think so, at least not yet! I have a feeling he's going to be the crazy one on his bike.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun for Jantzen! Easton would be in heaven...Ace really wants to get 4 wheelers... but I am not convinced yet :)