Monday, April 18, 2011

13 Years!!

Today marks 13 years of marriage for me and Josh. We actually spent our anniversary at Legoland with the kids because this year it fell during Spring Break, but Josh did take me out last weekend so we could have a night out all to ourselves (a very rare occurrence at our house).

We went to dinner at PF Chang's. I was so excited to go because I LOVE Chinese food, but I was a little worried at the same time...Josh hates Chinese food and it makes him sick. I didn't know how it was going to go, but I hoped it went well...it did! Josh ended up liking the food and we waited all night for him to get sick but he never did...yay!! During dinner we tried to not talk so much about our adorable kids and focus just on us, but that made for a quiet dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love a quiet dinner (another rare occurrence at our house), but I think it's funny that the longer we've been married, the less we have to talk about that doesn't some how involve our kids.

After dinner, we got in the car and Josh surprised me with a new camera...I love it! Now I just need to take a class to learn how to use it better.


I saw a picture like this on a friend's blog and I thought it was a cool way to take a picture, so here I am with my new toy...


We were going to go see a movie after dinner, but we got done eating late so we decided not to. Instead we went to DSW to browse the fun shoes there. Guess what Josh found for me there...my yellow purse!! I have been wanting a yellow purse for the longest time and so he bought it for me and I LOVE it!!


No, our anniversary wasn't all about me. Josh got a new pair of church shoes at DSW that look pretty slick on him and he loves them. I also got him a drill set that he's been wanting for a long time. Can you see how happy he is to have them...


Even though we didn't do a whole lot on our date, we still had fun hanging out, just the two of us, we really need to get out more. I can't believe it's already been 13 years, time has flown by so quickly. I can't wait to see what the next 13 years bring us...good, I hope! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOSH...I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're going to have fun with your new toy. Practice, practice, it has taken me a year to learn to take pictures with mine in manual mode. But it is lots of fun.

Happy 13 years!!

Unguren said...

Happy 13!

Congrats on the new toy and the new purse. Fun.