Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Jaedybug!

Today was Jaedyn's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it's already been two years, it seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital delivering her. For Jaedyn's birthday this year I picked a "Minnie Mouse" theme since she LOVES Minnie or "Mimi", as she calls her.

Here's the invitation I made for her party, I love how it turned out...


I wanted to make Jaedyn a birthday skirt this year to match Minnie's skirt and I was so proud of myself because I was doing all the sewing and it didn't look too bad for my first attempt at a skirt. There was only one mishap with it...Jaedyn decided she wanted to do some alterations on it. She got into my scissors and started snipping away. Luckily Spencer caught her before she did too much damage. The result was several cuts that I ended up patching because I didn't want to start over. You couldn't even tell anything had been cut on it while she was wearing it, thank goodness!


These were the decorations I put up this year for Jaedyn's birthday...pink, white, and black balloons and streamers, pink tissue flowers were hung from the kitchen ceiling and white ones were hung from the chandelier, I had pink table covers with a white "dot" in the middle, and I made "Minnie Mouse" centerpieces for the tables. I loved how everything turned out...



Here's the little princess standing in front of her birthday presents from me and Josh, she looked so cute in her new birthday skirt...


We took Jaedyn outside to get some pictures of her before her party started and before she messed up her hair (it looked so cute and she did end up messing it up after her tantrum) and this was the cooperation we got from her...NONE! She was being such a little DIVA and she didn't want any part of picture taking. We even tried to put her on the trampoline, thinking that would make her happy, but that didn't work either. I guess it did make for some funny pictures that she'll enjoy when she's older though.





After Jaedyn was done being upset about me taking pictures of her (she ended up having a timeout) we made her a birthday breakfast that consisted of pink "Minnie Mouse" pancakes complete with a strawberry bow. I think Jaedyn was fascinated by it because she couldn't take her eyes off it. She loves both pancakes and strawberries, so it was the perfect breakfast for her birthday and she loved it.



I also did a treat table for Jaedyn's party. I did a makeover with the birthday banner I made for her last year so it looked like "Minnie Mouse" heads...


I found this cute "Minnie Mouse" stuffed toy and thought it would make a good centerpiece and a great gift for Jaedyn after her party...


For the treats I made strawberry flavored cupcakes in pink and white polka dotted liners along with "Minnie Mouse" heads on top...


...I made chocolate covered "Minnie Mouse" Oreo heads (with Double Stuff and Mini Oreos). They didn't turn out exactly as I had pictured, but they tasted really good!...


...I made brownies with pink candy melts drizzled on top of them (sooo yummy!)...


...and then I bought strawberry Whoppers (Jaedyn's request) and pink Starburst's...


For the party favors I made "Minnie" and "Mickey" ears for all the kids...


...and I made "Minnie Mouse" bags for all the girls. The boys just got blue goodie bags. I bought "Minnie" and "Mickey" bubbles with a bubble wand for all the kids and the little girls got a "Minnie Mouse" bracelet in their bag. I also made a "thank you" candy bar for all the kids...


Here's a close up of the candy bars...


I found this cute "Pin the Flower on Minnie" game at the party store. Jaedyn was really excited to have a big picture of "Minnie" on the wall.


The time finally came for the party guests to arrive. The kids all played around to some Disney music until it was time to eat, they were all having a great time!


For lunch we had turkey and ham sandwiches with homemade rolls (that's right, I was being a little domestic for her birthday), mandarin orange jello salad, broccoli salad, a variety of chips, strawberries, green grapes, a veggie tray, and a variety of Minute Maid juices.


Here's Jaedyn with her BFF, Rylee eating lunch...


After everyone was done eating lunch we played "Pin the Flower on Minnie". Jaedyn was up first, of course, and she got her pink flower pretty close to the designated area. It was cute because she was so proud of herself.


The rest of the kids went in order of youngest to oldest and when it came time for Jaron to have a turn, Josh was a stinker to him again just like at Jantzen's party. Josh spun him around and sent him in the wrong direction. He eventually made it to Minnie, but unfortunately didn't stick his flower close to where it needed to be. All of the kids that had a turn had fun with this game.


Jaedyn was in awe of all the different colored flowers on Minnie.


Dallin and Kennedy (blue flowers) ended up being the only ones who got their flowers right on target, only because they cheated a little. Dallin peaked and Kennedy felt for his flower and stuck hers on top of his. That's okay though, it was still fun.


I had to get a picture of Jaedyn and Rylee in front of Minnie because they were being so cute and they were so good and gave me some cute smiles.


The next thing we did for Jaedyn's party was the Minnie pinata. We hung it from a tree in our back yard and Josh controlled the height for each kid.


Jaedyn went first and she was so excited! She kept hitting the pinata while constantly laughing. I was so happy that she was enjoying it, she was being so cute!


Then, we let the rest of the kids, from oldest to youngest, have a turn hitting the pinata. Jaedyn and Rylee were the only ones we didn't make wear a blindfold, but we did with the rest. When the older kids would go to hit "Minnie", Josh would pull it higher so they'd miss...it was funny to watch that! When it came to Sadie's turn, she broke "Minnie" open, so the rest of the kids didn't get a turn. Luckily for them though, there was a lot of candy to grab and eat.

(top: Jantzen, Dallin; bottom: Jantzen, Sadie, Rylee)


Once the candy fell out, I made the older kids let Jaedyn and Rylee get some candy first...


...then I let the rest of them grab what they wanted.


Jaedyn had to come show me what she picked out. All she wanted was a "Tootsie Pop" sucker and two "Tootsie" rolls, she's too cute! I love the concentrated look she has on her face while trying to hold her candy for the picture.


We went back inside and let Jaedyn open her birthday presents. Here she is posing with them before the fun began (as you can see,she didn't forget her chair)...


Jaedyn had a lot of help this year opening her presents. Her brothers were always right by her side and Rylee even joined in to help her out.


Jaedyn got a "Tinkerbell" cell phone and backpack along with a set of bracelets and rings from Dallin and Rylee (this was the best picture I could get of all of them together)...


She got a "Disney Princess" cell phone and a skirt and purse that her aunt Nena made for her from Kennedy, Sadie, and Tate (I love Jaedyn's relaxed pose in this picture)...


She got a drum and music instrument set with some gummie Lifesavers from her aunt Megan; some crayons, "Tinkerbell" stickers, a "Mickey Mouse" coloring book, a microphone (she loves singing in it), and a homemade personalized notebook from Sadie and Taylor; a pot of pink flowers from grandma Goddard; and a picture of her from her aunt Ashley that she drew for her and grandma Goddard framed...


From Avery, Jaedyn got a new dress up dress and some "Minnie Mouse" shoes. I got Jaedyn a "Minnie Mouse" toy camera and didn't have time to wrap it, so I just stuck it in with Avery's present...Jaedyn loved it! She didn't want to put it down. She went crazy taking pictures, I think she gets that from me!


Josh and I gave her a "Singing Giggling Minnie", a "Beach Bow-tique Minnie", a new bottle set for her babies (I love how she used her foot to hold up this present as she opened it), and her grandma Goddard gave her a ladybug pillow...


There were more presents that she opened, but the very last one that Josh and I gave her was the biggest one there. She didn't want to open it at first until Josh started helping her and she heard some noises coming from it. When she opened it, she was soo happy because it was a play kitchen. I added some vinyl flowers to it to make it a little more girly since it was blue and brown.


Jaedyn LOVED it! She ended up not having any of her birthday cake because she was too busy playing with it.


Here's a picture of all of Jaedyn's birthday presents. The rest of what she got consisted of...a new pink basket of food, a black with white polka dotted apron (from grandma Goddard), a "Minnie Mouse" puzzle and coloring books, some "pop on Pals" toys, an apron and chef's hat that I added a "Minnie Mouse" charm to, and lots and lots of bracelets and rings...


We decided to have cake next. This was Jaedyn's birthday cake this year...


Josh had to literally pull Jaedyn away from her kitchen in order for us to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. At first she didn't know what to think about the candles on her cake, but she quickly figured out that she had to blow them out. She blew them out so quickly, I wasn't ready with the camera to get a picture...



...so I made Josh light them again, so I could get one...


Jaedyn then stuck her finger in the frosting to get a little taste and it didn't take long for Josh to get in there and help her try a little more, so I guess she did get to try a tiny bit of her birthday cake.


After we all enjoyed some cake and ice cream, I made the kids put on their ears for a picture. Don't they all look so cute? Jaron tried to hide in the back, but I can still see him!!


I took the Minnie Mouse down from the treat table and let Jaedyn have her. She was so excited to have a big Minnie Mouse. She played with her for quite a while the rest of the day.



After Jaedyn's party was over she got to take a nap (I wish I could have done that). Later on we took the kids to Red Robin for Jaedyn's birthday dinner. She enjoyed macaroni, of course. The waiters sang to her and she got her birthday ice cream sundae. And yes, her mouth is full of food in this picture, I think I caught her off guard.


It didn't take her long to dig into her sundae, she enjoyed every bit of it!


All the kids got a balloon before we left. Jaedyn got an orange one and she loved it!


Jaron's balloon ended up popping in the car and Jaedyn was so concerned about it. She asked Jaron, "What happened Honey? You ok?". It was seriously cute how sweet she was talking to him about it.

It was a busy, but fun day celebrating Jaedyn's birthday. She's such a blessing in our lives and I'm so grateful that she's a part of our family. She's learned so many new things in the last year and she's getting smarter and smarter every day. She loves to sing, dance, entertain us, wrestle with her brothers, and snuggle for movie time with her brothers. I love the joy and laughter she brings into our home, she has a funny personality like her brother Jantzen. She can be sweet and sassy all within a minute of each other, but she's still so much fun to be around. We all love her so much...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAEDYN!!

1 comment:

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Kati, you did an amazing job! Everything turned out so cute! Wish stella could've been there to celebrate!! You are so talented! The kitchen turned out so cute also! I love the blue with the flowers! Great job! I am hiring you for my next party!!!!