Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Donuts With Dad"...or "Mom"

Today we had our first annual "Donuts with Dad" at the boys' school. I'm part of the PTO at their school and we've been trying to set up several activities for the kids throughout the school year to make things fun for them, this is one of those activities.

It started at 8am and Josh had to be to work at 4am, so he couldn't come with the kids. Instead, I came as their "dad", plus I had to help out as part of the PTO board.

There were tons of donuts and milk for all the dads and kids to enjoy. We ended up giving boxes of both home with some of the dads. Here's a couple of my fellow PTO board members, Natalie and Julie offering up some yummy donuts...

Photobucket

Jaron and Jantzen ate their donuts before I had a chance to sit down with them and so I didn't any pictures of them enjoying their morning sugar, but Jaedyn waited for me. She didn't want to hold her donut herself, so that meant I had the privilege of holding it for her. She did decide to be a big girl and hold her milk all by herself...and she didn't spill any on her.

Photobucket

Jaron and Jantzen were running around while I was helping Jaedyn eat her donut, but Jantz did take a quick break to enjoy some milk with his baby sister...

Photobucket

This is what the boys did for most of the time we were at the activity...they were having a blast with their friends.

Photobucket

And, this is what the little princess wanted to do most of the time...

Photobucket

It made it hard to help out with the activity, but I made it work. I have to enjoy her being a "momma's" girl for as long as I can.

I think this activity turned out really good. There were a lot of parents that showed up with their kids and they all seemed to have a good time, I know my kids did.

No comments: