Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Day...2011

We spent Thanksgiving this year up in Tremonton with my family. We got into town late Wednesday night, so we didn't get to see anyone until the next day. As we were loading up in the car to go to my parents house, Jaedyn found a little pile of snow on the ground outside our hotel. This is the first time she's seen snow, so she didn't know what to think about it. It didn't take her long to figure out that it's kind of fun to play in, although she didn't play too much. She was very girly about the way she played in it (she insisted on bringing her Tinkerbell back pack with some of her favorite toys inside to grandma's house)...

Photobucket

We got to my parents house and the kids quickly started playing, and by playing I mean, they ran around like wild animals! My family hasn't seen me or my kids for two years, so they welcomed the craziness with open arms.

While the kids were all playing, I went to help out my dad with dinner in the kitchen. I had to get a picture of him cooking because he was using a stainless steel serving bowl as a cooking pan on the stove...I thought it was hilarious! Apparently stainless steel bowls work really good, as long as you have an electric stove.

Photobucket

While I was helping out with dinner, Jaedyn found a new game to play. She was shutting people in the coat closet and not letting them out until she wanted to. Laykin was a good sport and played with her for a long time. Jaedyn would call names of whoever she wanted to shut in the closet, it was cute! She even called out her name and shut herself in there.

Photobucket

This is what Josh did most of the day...chat with Randy (my bro-in-law) about bikes, guns, etc...all that "guy" stuff.

Photobucket

Finally, Thanksgiving dinner was all ready to eat. My kids are some of the pickiest eaters I know, so they didn't end up with very much food on their plates.

Photobucket

After dinner, Jaron, Jantzen, and Treven went outside to play at a park next to my parents' house. They found lots of snow there and they couldn't resist playing in it. I don't blame them, they never get it at our house. I love how they think they don't need to wear their coats or gloves.

Photobucket

I asked Jantzen why his toosh was all wet, he said, "Cuz I went down the slide into a puddle of water". I thought, "Oh goody", I'm so glad he found a puddle of water to play in, in the 30 degree weather!

Photobucket

The boys had a snow ball fight...

Photobucket

...until Jaron realized how cold the snow gets on your hands when you don't wear any gloves...

Photobucket

I think Jantzen's hands were already numb from the cold, so he just kept playing with the snow...

Photobucket

Then, the boys decided to play a little "snow ball baseball" with a shovel they found at the park...they had a blast!

Photobucket

When the boys were done playing, we went back to the house and everyone was already eating pie, so we joined in. Jaedyn loved the chocolate mousse pie...

Photobucket


Photobucket

After pie, we hung out while the kids played around. It took Jaedyn a little while to warm up to my sister and her family, but eventually she did and then she wanted all of their attention. She made Amy and Laykin play "Strawberry Cake" (that's Shortcake if you couldn't tell) and princess' with her, they didn't seem to mind. Jaedyn had a blast playing with her dolls, especially since she had people to play with. She smiled, laughed, and sang the whole time!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Later on, we went back to our hotel room and spent some time in the pool and hot tub. Okay, the boys spent some time in the pool, I spent the whole time in the hot tub and it felt sooo good! Before we went to bed, we all enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate and a movie (Cars 2) in our room. It was a perfect ending to a fun day.

I'm so thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family, I wish we could spend more time together.

No comments: