Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hanging with the Birds

Last Saturday we went to Floyd Lamb State Park to get our family pictures taken. After we were all done, we let the kids walk around to look at the different kinds of birds that are there. Jaron was fascinated by the peacocks. He kept following them and slowly would creep up on them...he got pretty close before they took off. Jantzen and Jaedyn wouldn't get anywhere near the peacocks. I think Jantzen thought they would chase or bite him.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Jaedyn spent some time with her daddy following some ducks...

Photobucket

Jaron and Jantzen chased some ducks into the water...

Photobucket

It didn't take long for Jaedyn to join her brothers by the water. She freaked us out a couple times when she'd get really close to the edge, luckily she didn't fall in. It was cute watching her copy everything her brothers were doing...

Photobucket

We all walked a little farther around the pond to see some of the bigger ducks and geese and we came upon a white duck that was resting in the grass on the edge of the water. The kids all carefully and quietly walked towards this white duck to get a closer look...

Photobucket

I'm not sure what was so funny in this picture, but something made Jantzen laugh really loud...

Photobucket

I was trying to figure out some things on my camera while we were there, so I took a couple pictures of some of the ducks we saw...

Photobucket

I thought this duck was funny because it looked like he had a toupee on his head...

Photobucket

The kids had fun checking out the ducks and they were sad when it was time to leave. It's always a fun time when you get to chase birds.

No comments: