Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Love Day!!

I decided to do more this year for Valentine's Day than I normally do. I usually just get the kids a little something and call it good, but I wanted to change things up a bit this time and I'm glad I did, so are my kids.

Josh and I did get each other something. He bought me roses (after I told him not to) because he said Jaedyn wanted them, a card that's for my eyes only, a bag of my favorite jelly beans, and these super cute boots (yes, I picked them out)...

Photobucket

I didn't get him any flowers, but I did get him a camera bag for his GoPro camera and inside I put a bag of his favorite Valentine's candy...Brach's conversation hearts...

Photobucket

As soon as Jaedyn saw the roses she got a big smile on her face, so I told her we could share them since pink is her favorite color.

Photobucket

For breakfast I made pink heart shaped pancakes (I cheated and used a cookie cutter) and I cut strawberries into hearts (the best I could)...

Photobucket

Jaron decided to just have a stack of heart pancakes with syrup, no strawberries (sorry for the blurry picture)...

Photobucket

My kids all enjoyed their Valentine's Day breakfast, especially Jantzen. He loves to play with his food!

Photobucket

While Jaron and Jantzen were at school I set out their Valentines. Jaedyn had a hard time leaving them alone until the boys got home.

Photobucket

After lunch, Jaedyn and I headed over to the school for Jantzen's class Valentine's party. Jaedyn was so excited to go hang out with her brother and Jantzen was so excited that we came. We helped him pass out his Valentine's and chocolate dipped pretzels that he asked me to make for his class, then they enjoyed all the yummy treats they got. I remember when it was Jantzen I was taking to Jaron's class parties...Oh how time flies! Jaron's teacher is a bit of a grinch when it comes to Valentines Day, so his class didn't really do anything and he didn't want to pass out any Valentines.

Photobucket

For Jantzen's class I stamped each one of the kids' names on a bag to hold all of their Valentines easier...

Photobucket

After school the kids got to see what they got for Valentines Day. They were all very happy with what they got. Jaron got a set of two "BeyBlades", a "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" bobble head bookmark, and a chocolate bar. Jantzen got a "Mario" and "Toy Story" notebooks; a monkey pencil, pad, ruler, and pencil sharpener set; a "Mario" stuffed "Toad"; and some "Cars" chocolates. Jaedyn got a new "Strawberry Shortcake" DVD, some ladybug socks (we call them her "Jaedybug" socks), "Minnie Mouse" chapstick, pink flower sunglasses, a pink heart basket that they all came in, and some "Hello Kitty" chocolates.

Photobucket

Jaedyn loves her new sunglasses...

Photobucket

For dinner the kids wanted pizza, so I made them each their own homemade heart shaped pizzas complete with heart shaped pepperoni. I also made heart shaped rolls with ranch to dip them in...they were both yummy!

Photobucket

Jaedyn decided at the last minute that she just wanted macaroni, which she enjoyed, but the boys ate their pizzas and loved them. (Jaron had scouts, that's why he's wearing his scout shirt).

Photobucket

After dinner, Jaron had to leave for Cub Scouts and Josh had to go to YM's, so we didn't get to do anything else...maybe next year.

It was a crazy busy Valentines Day, but I really enjoyed doing these fun things for my kids. I love seeing the smiles on their faces!


No comments: