Saturday, February 25, 2012

Heart Walk 2012

Today I was able to participate in the Children's Heart Foundation 9th annual "Walk With the Heart of a Child" in support of my friend Lara and her sweet baby girl Mylah who was born with a congenital heart defect. The walk itself was an indoor 3k around the entire mall and was fun. There were activities for the kids and mascots walking around that you could get your picture taken with. I didn't bring my kids this year because I didn't know what to expect, but next year I think I'll bring them.

Here I am with Lara and her kids, Mylah, Rylee, and Dallin...

Photobucket


Here's TEAM MYLAH...(Me, Steve, Margaret Ann, Christopher, Travis, Kim, Burton, MaryAnn, Mylah, Lara, Jonathan, Anella, Dallin, and Rylee)

Photobucket

I really enjoyed the walk. I chatted with everyone while watching the other families walking for their heart babies. There was a team in front of us that made me sad. They, unfortunately, had lost their heart baby, but it was so nice to see that they still walked for her and for all the other children that suffer with heart problems.

After the walk was over, there were prizes given out and a musical performance by a Tim McGraw look a like. I remember seeing him as we were walking and I was wondering if that was really him. Sadly it wasn't, but this guy was REALLY good at singing just like the real Tim.

Photobucket

I'm so happy that I was able to join in this heart walk this year and support Lara and her family. I hope to be able to do this every year to help out all the families that suffer from this medical condition.

No comments: