Today Jantzen got to go on his first field trip since he's been in elementary. His class, and the rest of the 3rd graders, were going to see a play at the "Smith Center" and I was lucky enough to get to be one of the parent chaperone's.
The play we went to see was based off of this book...
A lot of it was in Spanish, but luckily they did English translations, otherwise some of us wouldn't know what was being said. The play was interesting, definitely not the best story I've seen played out, but the kids all seemed to enjoy it. I think they were just happy to not have to be at school doing work. There was one part in the play where the husband and wife embraced each other and all the kids yelled, "Ooooh, gross!"...that gave all of us adults a good laugh!
Jantzen and I got to sit together on the bus as we drove back to the school. He thought that was pretty cool, mostly because I let him play on my iPod.
Even though the play wasn't my favorite, I had a good time hanging out with Jantzen. I love it that he's still young enough to think that hanging out with his mom is still cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment