Friday, October 4, 2013

"Halloween Dinner"...Take 1

It's that time of year again...when I make my family fun Halloween dinners.   My kids get so excited about this every year, especially Jantzen.  He loves to help me plan them.

For our first Halloween dinner this year I made "mummy dogs" per Jaron's request.  Along with those, we had some "bat and pumpkin skins" with some "pumpkin puke" to dip them in and they washed everything down with some "ghost blood"...mmmm, yummy!!

 photo DSCN7867_zps755cc46d.jpg
 
 As usual, the kids all loved it! 
 
 photo DSCN7869_zpsf289bbf2.jpg
 
 We had a guest with us for dinner tonight...Jaron's best friend Jace.  Jace thought this dinner was pretty cool and yummy.  He told his mom later that night that she needs to make "mummy dogs".

For dessert I put some "raw meat" out on a plate for them to eat...
 
 photo DSCN7868_zpse0071bf2.jpg
 
 At fist Jaron was a little hesitant to try it, but the rest of the kids dug right in...
 
 photo DSCN7870_zpsa67529d2.jpg
 
...and they all enjoyed it!
 
 photo eatingrawmeat_zps068df649.jpg
 
Don't worry, it wasn't real meat.  It was rice crispy treats made with red velvet cake, but it looked pretty real.
 
It was another successful Halloween dinner for my family.  They all enjoy these dinners so much and I love having this fun tradition every year for them to have fun memories of.
 
I wonder what's going to be for dinner next week...

No comments: