Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Carving...

It's that time of year again...time to carve Halloween pumpkins! This year Jaedyn chose a "Ninja Turtle" pattern, Jantzen chose a "Creeper", and Jaron chose a "Castle Crasher" design... 

 photo kidspumpkindesigns_zps66da8334.jpg
 
Josh helped Jaedyn trace her pattern on her pumpkin, I helped Jantzen, and Jaron decided he was old enough to do his own this year...
 
 photo DSCN8133_zpscc814e61.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8137_zps20e75568.jpg
 
That's fine with Josh and I because that's one less pumpkin we have to do.
 
Next up was the kids' favorite part...gutting the pumpkin!  I'm being sarcastic here...the kids HATE this part!  They think it's disgusting!  Josh helped Jaedyn out a little bit, but then we made her and the boys do it on their own.
 
 photo DSCN8140_zpsbe5e82f2.jpg
 
 
 photo jaedynguttingpumpkin_zpsd687d6f3.jpg
 
 
 photo jantzguttingpumpkin_zps32686190.jpg
 
 
 photo jaronguttingpumpkin_zps8ddd2798.jpg
 
 I loved the facial expressions of disgust my kids gave me as they were doing this...it was funny!  You'd think I was making them gut a real animal.

After the kids took all the innards out of the pumpkins, we got them all carved up so we could take them to our ward trunk or treat.
 
I think they all turned out awesome!
 
 photo DSCN8153_zps0a716fc9.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8150_zps72423849.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8155_zps9e63c188.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8157_zps9864160f.jpg
 
The kids were all happy with how their pumpkins turned out, now we're headed off to do some "trunk or treating"!!

No comments: