Monday, January 19, 2009

Funny Things My Kids Say

My boys can be really funny with the things they say. They definitely keep us laughing. I thought I would keep track of some of these things so I can remember them always. Here is just a few examples of what they say:

"Want a piece of me, cupcake?" (Jantzen says this to Jaron when they are play fighting.)

"Did you see that barking spider?" (Jaron said this when he was sweeping the floor after dinner. By the way, a barking spider is a fart according to Josh, and yes it was Jaron that did it. Living with all boys is so much fun!)

"No, I'm going to be a turd and make a mess." (Jantzen said this when we asked him to help clean the toy room.)

"I'm not stinky, I smell like peanut butter." (Jantzen said this when I was changing his diaper, and no it didn't smell like peanut butter.)

"You rock dude! Give me five!" (Jantzen says this to Jaron when they are playing their instruments.)

"No, I stink, stank, stunk!" (Jantzen said this when we asked him if he was poopy. He got it from "The Grinch", his favorite Christmas movie.)

"I'll go potty in the toilet tomorrow." (Jantzen says this every time we ask him if he wants to be a big boy and go potty in the toilet.)

"It smells like a butterfly." (Another diaper change of Jantzen's that he claims didn't smell bad.)

"I'm cute!" (I have caught both of the boys doing this while looking in the mirror.)

"Be careful, you're going to break it off!" (Jantzen says this when I'm drying him off after his bath. I have to remind him it's not going to break off. I sometimes wish Josh was home at night to bathe him.)

"You go have a timeout in your room!" (Jantzen will say this to me and Josh when we tell him he needs a timeout. He's so sassy sometimes, he gets it from his dad.)

"Take a lesson!" (Jantzen said this when Josh told him not to give him attitude.)

Any time Josh or I tell Jantzen to do something, he will say he's going to do the complete opposite.

I know there are many more things that Jaron and Jantzen have said that make us laugh, but I can't remember them all. I'm glad they have a good sense of humor. They can always make us smile, even when we've had a really bad day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Those are the times I love being a mom the most! Kids are so funny!

Unguren said...

I think I might say that to Blake..."Want a piece of me cupcake?" We'll see how it goes.