Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weird Fascinations

I really don't know why my boys are so fascinated by scorpions, but they are. Josh was stung by a scorpion on Christmas Eve 2007 just outside of Jaron's bedroom and we thought we were going to have to spend the night in the ER, luckily we didn't have to. The last time we saw a scorpion in our house was New Years Eve 2007. Ever since then they have all been interested in them.


All was quiet about scorpions and I thought we wouldn't have to think about them anymore and then Josh came home from work one day a few months ago with a scorpion made out of wire. Apparently a guy that Josh works with makes them and has since made several of them for all the boys. As soon as Jaron saw them he wanted some for himself. Josh has since learned himself how to make them. All three of them have at least two or three of them in their rooms. I better not find any of them on the floor!


I think that Josh jinxed us because last week he found a baby scorpion in our house by our garage door. He took it to work and killed it there. Then he called me to let me know that they have been making them wrong, scorpions have eight legs, not six. I'm glad they got that cleared up (I'm being sarcastic here). A couple days later I was picking up Jantzen's shoes from outside on the patio and there was a big scorpion under them. I smashed it of course, I wasn't going to let it live and reproduce on my property. Needless to say, the bug guy came yesterday to spray our house so hopefully we won't see anymore.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've yet to see a scorpion in the whole time we have lived here(if I do I know I will completely freak out)!

Actually have seen one-when we worked in the nursery in our first ward here and one went crawling across the gym-that was scary enough for me!!

Katie said...

GROSS! I couldn't stand looking at a fake one let alone the real thing!

nena said...

Sadie and Tate want one of Josh's scorpions!!!

Melissa said...

Uggggh, I have yet to see a scorpion here, and I'm hoping we never do. I may call you screaming to come and kill it. That is what a good VT would do! :) I'm grossed out enough by the cockroaches we get. Thank goodness for bug sprayer guys!!!

Unguren said...

I have never seen a real scorpion. I think it would freak me out something fierce. I think the metal ones are cool though.