Sunday, January 11, 2009

School's Back in Session

Last week Jaron finally went back to school after being off for 5 1/2 weeks (track break and winter break combined). It was good for him to get back into a routine and to start doing homework again, although I don't think he would agree with me. I wasn't too happy about having to get up early either. I was really enjoying sleeping in and being lazy in the morning. Now I just need to make myself get up even earlier to get back in the habit of working out. Those darn holidays kill me! Jaron hated having to get up early again so therefore he was slow in getting ready and we were almost late to school. Too bad for him, he got his video games taken away until he could be ready on time in the morning (I'm such a mean mom). He moved a little faster the next couple days, but still was taking his time. He wanted to play with Jantzen instead of getting ready. Luckily for him we made it on time to school everyday, barely!

The days have been pretty quiet around here since Jaron went back. Jantzen plays good by himself, but prefers to have Jaron home. He asks all day long when his Jar-Bear will be home and when Jaron does come home he gets all excited. I didn't think they would be so happy to see each other after the long break. They started fighting a lot towards the end. I think they had been with each other way too long. It's cute how they love each other so much. Jantzen and I decided to start a movie/cuddling day to our daily routine. It's been a lot of fun so far. We'll see how long they last. Both Jantzen and Jaron claim they will cuddle with me forever, but Josh just laughs and says they won't.

The Friday before school started I decided to take the boys to the dinosaur park for one last day of freedom. Taylor, Kennedy, Sadie, and Tate came also. They had a lot of fun running around and playing. It was a beautiful day, perfect for the park. While the boys have fun playing together, just the two of them, they always have a lot more fun with their aunt Taylor and their cousins, so it was nice that they could all be together.



I wanted to capture all their fun in pictures, but Jantzen had to be a stinker and not sit up with the rest of the kids. He just wanted to sit in the tires down below (bottom right hand corner). He was happy to pose for me the rest of the time. I think he just likes too have his own spotlight. He's can be so cute that sometimes it makes you forget how stubborn he can be, only for a little while though. Oh, how I wish I could be a kid again!




4 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute pics! Looks like a great send off before going back to school.

Melissa said...

My boys love to cuddle with me too, I'm gonna be so sad when the day comes they don't want to anymore! Can't they just stay my cute, sweet, innocent little boys forever?!?!?
We love the Dino park too! The kids always have a fun time.

The Ashby Family said...

Caden still cuddles with me every once in a while. I don't know if he would admit it though.

The Foisy's said...

Your blog looks so good! I hope my directions helped! Looks like you figured it out!Love your cute fam!