As many of you know, we have been trying to potty train Jantzen for a while and he just doesn't want anything to do with it. This is how he responds to us when we try to encourage him to do it.
I told Jantzen we needed to save the diapers for the new baby (hey, it worked on Jaron when I was pregnant with Jantzen) and he got very serious and said, "The baby's not born yet!"
Josh told Jantzen that we had no more diapers for him so he needs to start going potty in the toilet. His response was, "Um, NO!" Then Josh told him to think about it because the new baby needs the diapers. Jantzen then told him as he walked away, "Whatever! I'm the baby!"
When I did finally get him to sit on the toilet, he tooted (see what I have to deal with in a house full of boys), but he did say the funniest thing. I asked him if he just tooted and he said, "No, it sneezed!" I couldn't stop laughing.
Another time when I was changing his stinky diaper he told me, "Ohh goodness! This is gross!" Ya, tell me about it. I'm the one that has to change it!
Now on to other things that are non-potty related. For a three year old Jantzen has one of the most witty minds you will ever meet. He can think of things on a whim that will just crack you up! For example:
I had some girls over for a stamp party and I had made brownies (the boys' favorite). Jaron and Jantzen had a couple before everyone got there and a couple more when everyone was there. I told them no more. Later Jantzen came up to me (I didn't see him at first) and he said, "mom". I turned around and he shoved another brownie in his mouth. I couldn't very well stick my fingers down his throat and retrieve it.
The other day Jantzen was picking his nose. Josh told him to pick a winner and Jantzen's clever little mind got thinking. He then stuck his finger back in his nose and pulled it out and said, "Ding, Ding!" I thought Josh was going to pee his pants, he couldn't stop laughing.
We are so happy that Jantzen is a part of our family. WE LOVE YOU "LITTLE STINKER".


2 comments:
Love the potty related stories. I'm so nervous for potty training time. UGH! I think there has to be a "little stinker" in every family though. At least you have a dang cute one!
Jantzen cracks me up, he is one "smart" little stinker!!! Hope he wants to potty in the toilet soon, right!!!
Post a Comment