
I know I will probably get laughed at for this, but I don't care! Last night Amy B. and I went to Walmart for the release of the "Twilight" DVD. It was being released at 12:01 am this morning. They were supposed to be having a party and giving away prizes from 10pm to midnight. In some places in the country there was even going to be characters from the movie there, but not here in Vegas. I think that's kind of weird seeing how celebrities seem to love Vegas so much. I wanted to go because I thought it would be fun, so I asked Amy to come with me because Josh wouldn't let me go out that late by myself (I don't think I would feel safe by myself anyway). That doesn't mean I didn't get harassed by Josh. He knows I love the movie so he didn't mind that I wanted to go, but he said there probably wasn't going to be very many people there and the ones there are just going to be a bunch of weirdos. I guess we were part of the weirdos.
When we got there they had just gotten done doing pictures with people (Twilight wanna be's) who were dressed as the movie characters (they looked nothing like them, just look at the picture, it doesn't do Edward any justice). If we would have known about it we could have had our picture taken with them, but we missed it. We did however get a copy of just the people dressed up to laugh at. We ended up having to line up until the movie was to be released. We got jipped that they weren't doing any prize give aways, but we were the second people in line so I guess that was okay. Josh was wrong, there was a ton of people there! It was a long wait...finally 12:01 came around and out came the movies. This was how it was supposed to work. The employees had us line up so we could go up one at a time and get the movie, but instead the guy who brought them out took them around the registers away from the waiting employees and that's when the mass chaos began!!! Everyone started charging towards the movie stand and Amy and I just stood there wondering what was going on and what we were supposed to do, I mean we thought we were going to get to the movies first, but we were soooo wrong. It was worse than shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. People were going crazy!! I even got pushed around a little, not too much though. Lucky for us we spotted some movies by the register that they had pulled out so we went straight there. There was only two special edition DVDs left and we got them. It was nice because we were out of there within ten minutes from when the movie was released and we got to leave the mass confusion early.

I got home around 12:30 am and surprisingly wasn't tired, so I watched a little TV. I didn't want to start Twilight yet because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it all and I know that Josh is dying to be the first one to watch it with me. He put it on my ipod this morning and also has it on his. I know he is going to secretly watch it when I'm not around. He did inform me this morning that he is only going to allow me to go to the theater and see the next movie "New Moon" only once, not like "Twilight" that I saw four times. Yah right, like that's going to happen! :o)



5 comments:
How fun! They look nothing like them in the picture, couldn't they at least get better wigs?
Those people don't even remotely look like the people in the movie. What is up with that?!
that is so funny! Those characters look kind of crazy! Well Erik was the first to watch it with me too! He had to see what all the hype was about! Well, a few of us are watching it at my house tonight at like 8:30. I know there is scouts and stuff but if you can make it, I would love to have you! I don't have a ward directory or I would have just called you. If you want to come. Leave me a message on my blog and I'll give you my address!
I'm so glad that I'm not the only Twilight crazy. Those characters in your picture look NOTHING like any of them. I was cracking up at how they are posing....awesome!
I was watching the news and I guess the girl that plays Victoria was at a Wal Mart in Roy when the movie came out. So silly.
I wish you lived closer so that I had someone to go see New Moon with. Then both of our husbands could think we were weird :)
I have to admit that I wish I wouldn't have spent the money to buy the movie- I've decided that I really don't like it and it ruins the story for me a little bit-I will just have to stick to the books!!
Post a Comment