Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet

Last night Jaron had his first Blue and Gold banquet for Cub Scouts. The theme was "100 Years of scounting" since it's the Cub Scouts 100th birthday this month. He had to make a cake representing the theme. I ended up making it, but he did tell me how he wanted it. As you can see, I'm no professional, but the bottom part is homemade, not from a box, so I get credit for that. Plus, it tastes a lot better than it looks. I found out at the banquet that the dads were supposed to be the ones that helped the boys make the cakes, but I don't really think that happens too often.


Jaron was really excited for this night, not only because it was the first Blue and Gold for him as a Cub Scout, but because he was getting a bunch of awards. He earned eight belt loops for soccer, bowling, swimming, fishing, chess, art, astronomy, and computers. He has been working on these things for a long time and thanks to his grandpa King, he got his fishing belt loop...Josh doesn't like to fish, but Jaron does.


For dinner we got to enjoy pizza and salad and then had the cakes for desert. Jaron and Jace ate part of the numbers and Jantzen enjoyed the bottom portion...he had two servings.


I think Jaron had a fun night and we're so proud of him for what he accomplishes in Cub Scouts, he really enjoys it.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I am excited for the day when Dallin starts scouts. It looks like SO much fun!

Unguren said...

Good job with the cake. Also, good luck with having the Dad's make the cakes...that's gonna happen. :)