Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pretty, Sparkly Ears

For part of Jaedyn's birthday we decided to get her ears pierced. Now don't think this decision came easily, there was a lot of discussion about it first. Ever since Jaedyn was born Josh has been very clear on the fact that she wasn't going to get her ears pierced until she was 18 years old. I, on the other hand said she could get them done when she was 8 years old because that's how old I was when I got mine pierced.

Now, after several months of thinking and pondering about what age Jaedyn would be when we decided to permanently put holes in her ears, Josh came to the conclusion that she would be so cute with earrings now because she has beautiful dark brown hair. And lets face it, she's a gorgeous little girl and sparkly earrings would only add to that! So he gave in and decided he wanted her to have them now.

On Saturday we took her to Claire's to get her ears pierced. The whole way there Josh was worried that she was going to cry and was thinking maybe we shouldn't do it now. I kept telling him she'd be fine, she gets shots and I think those are worse! When we got to Claire's, I signed all the paperwork and then the girl there started preparing Jaedyn's cute earrings that we picked out for her...14K white gold CZ studs.

Jaedyn just watched in anticipation of what was going on while Josh was getting nervous and wasn't really wanting to watch, but he's the one who decided to hold her while she was getting her ears done. Meanwhile, Josh had passed his anxieties about this onto Jaron and Jantzen. Jaron kept asking if this was going to hurt her and if she was going to be okay. I had to keep reassuring all of them that she'd be fine. The boys decided they wanted to hide and plug their ears, so that's what they did.



I asked the girl if they could do both ears at the same time and she said they legally can't on babies. I guess that makes sense to me. What if the baby moved while they did it and her ears got pierced in the wrong place or she got hurt worse?

And so it began... On the first ear Jaedyn didn't even flinch, but on the second one she cried...not for very long though. I think she cries longer when she gets her shots than she did with her ears pierced. She's a brave little girl.



So, here's my pretty little princess and her sparkly new earrings. You can't even tell she had been crying for a minute. She was smiling and laughing pretty much right after she had her ears done. She's such a good girl, how did we get so lucky?



Here's a close up shot of her earring, so cute!


Jaedyn looks even more beautiful now that her ears are pierced. She doesn't mess with them at all. The only thing she hates is when we have to clean them, but luckily we only have to do that for 6 weeks. Have I mentioned how much fun it is having a little girl? I just can't get over how beautiful she is.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Awwww..... I love them :)

When I worked at Claires we could do both at the same time but I guess the laws have changed after 6 years.

She looks beautiful and so happy!

Lindsey said...

I still think you are brave- I just can't do it. Of course I don't wear earrings so I guess I don't really think about it that much. I figure if they want it when they are older they can do it. She does look pretty cute.

Lara said...

Yay for pierced ears! Once they have been in for a while you can switch them and it's SO fun! She looks beautiful!

Unguren said...

I am with Lindsey. I think they look so cute I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Katie said...

She's so big and definitely a cutie! LOVE the pierced ears! Now she has bling!