On Halloween the kids and I made sugar cookies. This time I let the boys help me cut them out, they thought that was pretty cool. They each had to cut out a haunted house, a pumpkin, a ghost, a bat, and a cat. The cats didn't always turn out that great because the legs would break off, so we didn't do many of those. I loved how the boys worked together on this and that they had fun doing it.
After the cookies were baked and cooled off, it was time to frost them. I think the boys love this part more because they get to lick frosting off their hands and, according to Jantzen, they get to eat the sprinkles if they pour too many out on the table. I think he does that on purpose.
Here's the cookies the boys frosted (Jaron's on the left-his cat's missing a leg and Jantzen's on the right-his cat's missing the tail), don't they look so yummy? They did such an awesome job on them and, yes, they have been enjoying eating them. Jaron, however, has been a stinker about eating the candy corns off his pumpkin, he hates them. I'm not sure why, the rest of us love them.
And here's some of the cookies I frosted...I'm not as creative when it comes to frosting cookies like the boys are, but they did taste good.
Here are some more Halloween pictures of the kids...because I don't already have enough!
Jaedyn and Rylee just chillin' in their strollers...
Jaedyn holding onto her trick or treat bag with a death grip. She wouldn't let go of that thing the whole night. She obviously has got the Halloween thing down...
The silly boys (Jaron, Dallin, and Jantzen) posing as if they were really Harry Potter and the Super Mario Bros...
And lastly, the kids playing around in front of our neighbors house. He had it decorated so awesome, but I couldn't get the kids to cooperate all at the same time, so this is the best I got...
I think Halloween was a fun one this year because Jaedyn could be more a part of it, next year should be even better. Even though it was super busy and kind of crazy at times, we all had a good time. I love celebrating the holidays with my family.


1 comment:
Man- you guys did do a lot of stuff- the holiday that lasted for a whole week. How fun!!
Post a Comment