Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Christmas Tree Helper

I decided to start putting up our Christmas tree earlier than usual this year. I was hoping to have it done before Thanksgiving, but that's not going happen...there's just too much going on. Anyway, I started putting on the lights a couple nights ago and as soon as I plugged them in Jaedyn freaked out and started crying. I'm not sure why she got scared, but it didn't last very long. She was over it quickly and then went about her business.

A few minutes later, Jaedyn was back with a big smile on her face and was ready to be my little helper...


Jaedyn quickly gained a fascination for Christmas lights and started helping me put them on the tree, it was so cute. After, she would try to play with the lights already on the tree, but quickly learned the phrase "No, No", not that she hasn't heard that before. Now when she goes to touch the lights she looks at me, shakes her head and finger, and says, "No, No". She already listens better than her brothers.


After helping me for a little while, I guess Jaedyn needed a break...she was working really hard, you know. She stopped for a little snack of a couple "Cars" pit crew guys (she's trying to eat one in this picture; she's not giving me a hate stare, although she does do that often these days).


When she was done with her snack, she moved on to making a few phone calls courtesy of my cell phone. She's got to keep up on the latest gossip with her BFF's. I love how much she gets into talking on the phone, it's so cute.




So, Jaedyn didn't end up being much help with the tree, but that's okay. I've been having a lot of fun watching her and her new love for Christmas tree lights. It's taken me more days to get the lights on than I want to admit, but she's enjoyed every minute of it. She's been playing with them so much that it's been a little difficult getting them on the tree, so I finally plugged in a separate strand for her, and she's been having fun with it (I did have to tell her once to not put the lights in her mouth and luckily she hasn't done it again).

I now know who's going to be my Christmas decorating assistant next year and for many years to come. Now, if I could just get the rest of the tree done!

No comments: