Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blue and Gold 2011

Last night was Jaron's annual Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts. He was excited because he earned his Bear award and he's only been in the Bear Den for six months. He also earned his "map and compass" belt loop, that makes a total of 15 belt loops so far for him. Now, he says he's going to work on getting more belt loops and arrow points.

We enjoyed a spaghetti dinner, that the boys loved. It's a favorite of theirs at our house. For dessert we had yummy white cake. For some reason the boys weren't allowed to make cakes this year to go along with the theme, I'm not really sure why, but I guess that made less work for me. After dinner we watched all the dens perform their skits. I couldn't hear anything Jaron said for his, but he was laughing, so I guess it was funny. After the skits, the boys got their awards.

Here's my cute little cub scout and his awards (never mind the fact that he's not wearing his Bear scarf, he lost it and hasn't been able to find it yet and I don't want to buy him a new one)...


When the banquet was all over, it was time to clean up. This is Jantzen doing his part to help with the cleaning process...he took a balloon. What a helpful little kid.


On the way home Jaedyn decided she needed to take charge of the balloon and Jantzen was nice enough to let her have it...just in the car though. I went to take a picture of her with the balloon and I'm not sure if she's trying to give me a dirty look here or if she's looking at Josh, hmmmm...


After that, I did get both her and Jantzen to give me a good Goddard "cheeser" smile...


Jaron had another fun night with the scouts. It makes me happy that he loves cub scouts so much and I'm so proud of him for all the hard work he does earning his awards.

No comments: