Saturday, February 12, 2011

Celestial Couples Game

Last night Josh and I went to our ward Valentines Day party for the adults. They did a "Celestial Couples" game, kind of like the Newlywed Game. We were actually really excited for this activity. It sounded fun, plus we were curious how well we actually knew each other since we've been married for so long. As couples, we were supposed to dress alike. I found some cool Fox shirts for me and Josh (of course we're going to have motocross shirts, what else would we wear?).

We got there a little late, but no church activity ever starts on time so we were okay. We got called up to play against Lara and Neil. They were getting all their answers right, so I was a little nervous to go up against them.

Here we are getting ready to play, do we look like we know each other well?...


I'm not sure what Josh is doing in this picture, maybe warming up to play?

(Sorry the pictures are dark, the lighting in the church wasn't very good)


Here we are enjoying the game even though we really sucked at it, it was still fun. The questions we got were...for Josh, "When is your mother in laws birthday?" (he got it wrong); for me, "If your hubby could have any gun, what would it be?" (I got it wrong. I put what kind he already has); for Josh, "What is your wife's shoe size?" (he got it wrong!)...yeah we were really bad at this game, but seriously, what kind of questions are those? When we listened to the other questions, they seemed easier and ones that we could've gotten right...oh well!

I did lean over to Josh and ask since we got all our questions wrong if that meant we weren't supposed to be married anymore. He just laughed and said he didn't know.




After the game was over, Neil and Lara ended up being the champions and we were the major losers...not one question right! That's okay, we know things about each other that are important and that's all that matters, right? We all then enjoyed some yummy ice cream sundaes and chatted until it was time to clean up.

Here's a picture of the losing couple, but hey, we've been married for almost 13 years and we haven't killed each other yet, so I think that makes us winners.


And, here we are with the cheaters winners...


I had a fun time even though I wish we could've gotten at least one question right, next time.

2 comments:

The Foisy's said...

That's just funny! Josh looks so annoyed in that first pic. Lol. And don't feel bad just cause we don't know our hubands and they don't know us, doesn't mean we're not in love. Lol.

Unguren said...

I have often wondered how Blake and I would do at a game like that.

I like your outfits.