Last Friday the boys had their field day at school. This year for their field day shirts, the PE teachers bought white t-shirts and the kids all got to tye dye them in art class. They did one color for each of the grades. Jaron's grade had green shirts and Jantzen's grade had yellow ones...I thought it was such a good idea.
Jaron participated in his field day in the morning. They started off with hula hoop tag...
Jaron participated in his field day in the morning. They started off with hula hoop tag...

Here's Jaron taking a water break in between games...

Next up was a race with a ball and a cone. They had to run back and forth, each time going a different way (i.e. galloping, skipping, etc.). I loved the first picture because it looks like Jaron only has one leg...

Then, Jaron's class went to an obstacle course where they had to throw balls into a hula hoop and jump mini hurdles...

...and throw a bean bag in the air clapping three times before it came back down, then jumping in a bag...

Jaedyn had to try out this whole bean bag thing too since her big brother was. She was having so much fun and was so cute doing it!

Jaron played some sponge volleyball. They had to dip a sponge in water, then throw it over the net. It ended up being the boys pounding the girls with the sponges. Unfortunately Jaron didn't get the sponges very much. He just wasn't as aggressive running to them as some of the other kids were.

Next they played a water balloon game. There was a water balloon in this ball and it had a timer. If the timer went off when you were holding the ball, it'd pop the balloon and get water all over you...you always hear a lot of screams from the girls with this game.

This was another relay race Jaron did. He started off having to run down a numbered mat, then running back and forth through some poles, then he had to try getting a ball in a cup, and the last thing was bouncing back to the start on a big ball...

After the relay race there was a parent spraying kids with a hose, so Jaron joined in since it was a little warm outside. I loved how I caught him jumping up to get the water...

...and he got soaked and loved it!

The last game Jaron's class played was a scooter game where they had one team knocking over cones and the other team had to set them up. I'm surprised there were no fingers that got run over in this game.

Here's Jaron's class when they were all done with their field day (Jaron's on the front row on the left, in between Caitlyn and Sierra). They all got popsicles and then went back to class.

Jantzen's class had their field day in the afternoon. They also started out their fun playing hula hoop tag. Jantzen insisted on wearing his hat, so you can't see his face in a lot of the pictures...

Next they went to the water balloon ball. Too bad for Jantzen, he didn't get wet at all with this game even though he wanted too.

Then he went to the relay race where he had to run the number mat, run back and forth through some poles, toss beanbags into a frisbee, bounce on a big ball...

...and try to get a ball into a cup. I loved his face in the first picture...it's so funny!

I asked Jantzen to give me a smile as he was walking to the next activity and this is what I got...

The field day activities were changed up a little bit for the younger kids. Jantzen's class got to play a game called "Drip, Drip, Splash". It's played just like "Duck, Duck, Goose", except it's with water. He had to dip just a little bit of water on his classmates heads until he came to who he wanted to chase him, then he had to pour the whole cup of water on their head. He thought this game was fun.

Then his class went over to the scooter game. I could tell he had a lot of fun on this one. I think Jantzen might have an admirer because this girl in the white visor kept following him every where he went...

After the scooters, Jantzen went to the ball and cone race. I liked the first picture because Jantzen was racing against his friend Jansen (in the blue hat) and he thought that was cool...

Next up was another relay race where he had to toss a ball into a hula hoop (with one of his best friends, Jacob, by his side for moral support)...

...then he went to the bean bag toss in the air. His face in the big picture makes me laugh, the bean bag was headed towards his face...

...and then there was the bag jumping in which Jantzen fell down trying to get out of his bag. He just laughed, so it was all good!

The last activity Jantzen's class played was the water sponge volleyball. He was a little more aggressive than Jaron was, so he was able to throw the sponge a lot. His purple sponge cleared the net and got some good air, his orange sponge barely made it over the net, and his teal one wasn't so lucky...it hit the net pretty hard and splashed water back at him, but he loved it all. He had a huge smile on his face the whole time.

I also got a group picture of Jantzen's classes (that's right, he has two teachers this year and they combine classes for activities). If you want to play a game, you can play "Where's Jantzen"...see if you can find him in this picture.
I had to post both of them because they were all smiling so sweet for me in the first one...

...then I had them give me a funny face and they were just too cute doing it.

Jantzen and his friends all got to enjoy their popsicles, then it was time to go home.
It was a perfect day weather wise for the boys to have their field day. I had so much fun hanging out with them, having water fights with their teachers, and taking lots of fun pictures. I'm so lucky to be able to participate in my kids' school activities. I'm kind of sad that this is Jaron's last field day in elementary, but I know I'll still have fun with Jantzen in the coming years.


No comments:
Post a Comment