Monday, May 21, 2012

Solar Eclipse

Yesterday we were able to experience a solar eclipse. I've seen one before with my dad when I was a little girl, but this was the first time with my own family. My boys were so excited. Jaron kept track of time to make sure we didn't miss it. When the time for it to start came around we all went outside. Unfortunately we weren't able to get our hands on the special glasses to see it, so we improvised a little. Josh heard that you could see it through a CD, so that's what we did...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

...it actually worked pretty good and we didn't damage our eyes in the process.

I tried to get a picture of the eclipse with my camera, but I don't have a special lens and this was all I could get (if you look above the sun, there's a reversed image of the eclipse)...

Photobucket

I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get a good picture of the eclipse and then Josh had a good idea. He suggested we put the CD up to my camera lens and take a picture that way. Guess what? It worked awesome! Here's the results...

Photobucket

I was so excited to get a picture of the sun and moon before the eclipse was over.

Here's my kids hanging out with the eclipse. Isn't Jaron so cool?!?!

Photobucket

Jantzen had fun watching the eclipse with Jaedyn. She had to give me her favorite camera face...

Photobucket

The kids had a blast playing outside while watching the solar eclipse. They thought it was so cool and I'm so happy that we were all able to see it and experience this together.

No comments: