Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Crafting...

I decided last year after Christmas that this year I'd let the kids have their own tree that they could decorate with their choice of ornaments since I don't let them touch our main tree. I found a cute little tree on clearance at Target and a cute tree skirt and star at TaiPan on clearance. The kids were so excited to be able to have their own tree. 

 Last night for FHE we decided to let the kids make some Christmas ornaments for their tree and put up all the ornaments they had picked out. They really had a lot of fun with this little crafting party...

 photo boysmakingChristmasornaments.jpg
 
 
 photo jaedynornaments.jpg
 
 Jaedyn enjoyed her Christmas crafting so much that she had to add a little playing with her ornaments. She made a Santa and Mrs. Claus and she made them kiss!! She even made kissing faces and noises to go along with it. It made me laugh!!! 
 
 photo DSCN5400.jpg
 
 Here's the finished products, the kids all did such a good job! Jaedyn made a Santa and Mrs. Claus, Jantzen made some reindeer, and Jaron made a bell and a tree...
 
 photo kidsfinishedornaments.jpg
 
 Jaron was in charge of making the tree garland. He decided on a beaded garland that he added ribbons to. He did a really good job! 
 
 photo jaronribbontying.jpg
 
 While Jaron slaved away on the garland, Jantzen and Jaedyn slaved away on his cell phone...playing games!
 
 photo DSCN5410.jpg
 
 When Jaron was all done the kids started decorating their tree... 
 
 photo DSCN5411.jpg
 
 
 photo kidsdecorating1.jpg
 
 
 photo kidsdecorating2.jpg
 
 Jaedyn got a little help putting up some of her ornaments. She insisted that Santa and Mrs. Claus go up top...
 
 photo DSCN5436.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN5437.jpg
 
 Look how cute they are together!... 
 
 photo DSCN5424.jpg
 
 Here's the Christmas tree all done...
 
 photo finishedtree.jpg
 
 I think the kids did a really good job making ornaments and doing all the decorating themselves. 
 
This is a view of all the different sides of the tree...
 
 photo sidesoftree.jpg
 
 ...and the kids wanted me to get a close up of some of the ornaments they picked out this year...
 
 photo ornaments.jpg
 
 I'm really glad I let the kids have their own tree this year. I always remember how much fun it was decorating the Christmas tree when I was little and I wanted my kids to have those same fun memories.

No comments: