Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ward Christmas Party...2012

Tonight was the annual Christmas party for our ward. The kids were excited to hang out with their friends and run around the gym and I was excited to not have to make dinner. 

Jaedyn insisted on wearing her Santa hat, I thought she looked adorable in it...
 
 photo DSC07423_zps8382415d.jpg
 
  We got to enjoy a yummy dinner that the youth in the ward served to us.  It was kind of nice not having to stand in line and hold multiple plates for the kids while trying to dish food up.

I made Jantzen and Jaron smile for a picture during dinner.  They really don't like their pictures taken, they just wanted to eat their food.
 
 photo DSC07424_zpsc35e2663.jpg
 
 After dinner, the kids found their friends and played until the talent show started.  I don't know where the boys ended up, but Jaedyn had fun playing with Maddie's hair...
 
 photo DSC07425_zps8133ba38.jpg
 
  Jaron was the only one in my family that agreed to be in the talent show.  He decided to play "Jingle Bells" on his guitar.  He downloaded the sheet music for the song this morning and practiced it a few times before the party started.  He did AWESOME!!  He got a lot of compliments on how good he played. 

(This picture is a clip from the video of him playing)
 
 photo jaronplayingjinglebellsonguitar_0001_zps141fc4ac.jpg
 
After the talent show was over, some of the youth in the ward put on the Nativity story.  Again, Jaron was the only one of my kids that agreed to be a part of it, Jantzen backed out at the last minute.  Jaron was one of the three wisemen.  We didn't have much notice about him being a part of the program, so this is what we came up with at the last minute for a costume...
 
 
 photo DSCN5653_zps03ee9a12.jpg
 
 ...some crafting jewels, part of his Anakin Skywalker costume, some fabric I had laying around, and one of my scarves and necklaces.  I think it turned out okay.

Jaron didn't have to do much as one of the wisemen, he just had to stand and act out a little while one of the Elders in our ward narrated the story.  He looked a little nervous up there.  I think he was more relaxed while playing his guitar than he was just standing there in his costume.
 
 photo wisemanjaron_zps3ba6c119.jpg
 
I'm happy that Jaron participated in the Christmas party this year, it makes for some fun memories.  Maybe next year I can get Jantzen and Jaedyn to participate more. 

No comments: