Christmas Day has finally arrived! We've never had to get up early on Christmas, but this year we did. The kids woke up around 6:30am, I know, that's not as early as I used to wake my parents up, but it's a lot earlier than Josh and I have ever had to get up. The kids were good about waiting for us to get out of bed, but we could hear their excitement, so we didn't make them wait too long.
I went downstairs and took some pictures of what Santa left before we let the kids come down. Santa left a nice note about the yummy cookies the kids made for him...
...and a lot of other fun things...
Santa brought Jaron an Alvarez acoustic/electric guitar that has a built in tuner...
Santa brought Jantzen "Rocka XL", because he doesn't have enough "Hero Factory's" already, but this is the one he wanted most...
And, Santa brought Jaedyn a pink Razor scooter complete with a "Hello Kitty" helmet and a scrunchy pink scarf...
We made the kids stand at the top of the stairs and get their traditional pajama picture before they could see what Santa brought them. Jaedyn wasn't too happy about this part, as you can see...
She quickly cheered up when we told her she was just going to go back to bed while the boys got to open their presents. So, here's a happy picture of the kids in their pajamas...
The kids were all so happy with what they got from Santa...
Jaedyn loved her scooter and helmet...
Jantzen was excited to have another "Hero Factory" to add to his ever growing collection...
And, Jaron was SUPER excited to get his new guitar...
After checking out the gifts that Santa brought them, the kids went to see what they got in their stockings. I'd say they got a little spoiled even though they got some coal...
The kids sat down to open the rest of their presents...
...and Jaedyn was a little too impatient to wait for someone to get her another one. She went digging for hers herself...
The kids loved everything they got, they were so happy!
Here's Jaron with all his presents. I bought him that guitar music book because it has "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin in it and I've been telling him he needs to learn that song because it's one of my favorites.
Here's Jantzen with all of his presents. He kept telling me while he was opening all of this that this is "THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!" I love that he's so happy with everything he got.
Here's Jaedyn with all of her pink and purple girly presents and her one boyish present (the Star Wars purple light saber). She's so excited to go outside and ride her scooter and have light saber fights with her brothers on their new trampoline.
Jaedyn got a new ladybug peewee Pillow Pet (in her two favorite colors) as one of her presents and after she opened it, she quickly went upstairs to get her other Pillow Pet so they could play together. She said they are "mommy and baby", it was cute.
The kids got "Just Dance 4" and "Ninjago: Season 1" (their favorite show at the moment, even Jaedyn) as group gifts. We'll see if these bears give them up, they look like they want to play them...
Josh got a new phone for Christmas, although he's already had it for almost a month. I just wrapped up the box and told him to act excited when he opened it. Can you see how excited he is?!?!
The kids started playing with their new toys while Josh and I made breakfast. Jaedyn loves her new scarf. Now she doesn't always have to borrow one of mine...
Jaedyn got a "Minnie" guitar, so Jaron started to teach her how to play it. It was cute watching them play together...
Then, all of a sudden, Jaedyn laid on the floor and went to sleep. I don't think she was feeling very well, there's been a lot of sickness going around lately. Maybe that's why she was being so ornery coming down the stairs...poor little princess!
While Jaedyn slept, the boys went about their business playing with their new toys...
Jaedyn woke up right when breakfast was ready. We all enjoyed our traditional Christmas breakfast of crepes and homemade cinnamon rolls, it was all very yummy! After breakfast, we all got showered and dressed for the day so we could make it on time to see our movie. We go to a movie every year on Christmas Day and this year we decided to see "Rise of the Guardians".
It was a really cute movie and the kids all liked it.
When we got home from the movie, the kids went right back to their new toys and that's what they did the rest of the day while Josh and I relaxed. I think Jaedyn really likes her "Hello Kitty" helmet because she just had to wear it while she watched TV, it was cute! I guess it's good to know that she'll be safe while watching TV, because it can get pretty dangerous sometimes!
Christmas was fun this year. I didn't stress as much as I have in the past, the kids loved everything they got, and everything seemed to turn out good. Now it's time for bed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment