Friday, November 29, 2013

Temple Square...2013

Tonight we headed down to Salt Lake to go see the Christmas lights at Temple Square.   This is something we always do when we're in Utah for Thanksgiving.  The kids were really excited to go because it's been a couple years since we've been there.

Our first stop was at the Conference Center across the street from the temple...

 photo DSCN8341_zps9d18ade9.jpg
 
 We headed inside to take a little tour.  First we took the kids to see where General Conference is held.  They thought it was pretty cool to actually get to see where the prophet sits during conference.
 
 photo DSCN8342_zps264ab63f.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8345_zps190733ac.jpg
 
 After that, we walked around a little and looked at all the paintings of the Book of Mormon, then we headed to the roof to check out the city before it got dark (You can't go up there when it's dark).  We had an awesome view of the temple...
 
 photo 20131129_165239_zps94cfc137.jpg
 
 
 photo 20131129_165423_zpsb778aec8.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8347_zpsb30ee35b.jpg
 
 Can you see Jaedyn being a little stinker behind us???...
 
 photo DSCN8351_zps201a2bdf.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8352_zps191dd995.jpg
 
  I love the Salt Lake Temple because it's where I was sealed to my parents and also where I was sealed to my best friend.
 
(I think the pictures of Josh and I are funny because it looks like we have horns and you know what people who don't know anything about the church say...they think we have horns hidden under our hair!)
 
After hanging out on the roof for a little bit, we headed back inside the Conference Center to see a few more things before we went over to Temple Square to see the lights.  We found this fun outside window waterfall, so the kids pretended that it was raining on them...I loved their expressions! 
 
 photo kidsrain_zpsae3b607f.jpg
 
After we explored all of the Conference Center, we headed over to Temple Square.  Every time I'm there I take a ton of pictures of the temple...it's just so beautiful!  These were my favorites this time...
 
 photo DSCN8356_zpse7337bf7.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8365_zpsdf62db3a.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8374_zpsefb26c7f.jpg
 
  The kids loved all the lights, except Jaedyn was being a little bit of a stinker, so she wouldn't pose in very many pictures for me...
 
 photo DSCN8362_zpsfa05e3ac.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8363_zpsd5d19814.jpg
 
 
 photo 20131129_174402_zps629c73ab.jpg
 
 
 photo 20131129_174430_zps55611640.jpg
 
  I love taking pictures of this view of the temple because Josh and I have a wedding picture in this same spot...I love it!
 
 photo DSCN8367_zps52ea1116.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8369_zpse874dda7.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN8371_zps9ba58cc0.jpg
 
  Here we are almost 16 years later...
 
 photo 20131129_175234_zps8010c469.jpg
 
 Here are just some random pictures I took of the lights at Temple Square.  If you look closely in the top left one (in the bottom right corner) you can see Josh carrying Jaedyn and in the bottom right one you can see him sitting down with her...she was tired!
 
 photo templeaquarelights_zps1ac45e17.jpg
 
We had so much fun visiting Temple Square again.  I really miss living here and coming every Thanksgiving.  The lights are so beautiful and it's fun coming back to the place where our eternal family began.

No comments: