This morning Jantzen, Jaedyn, and I went to the Children's Heart Foundation's annual "Walk With the Heart of a Child" walk to support little Mylah (pictured in the middle). This is the second time I've walked this in support of Mylah and this year Jantzen and Jaedyn wanted to join me. They wanted to see Dallin and Rylee, who they used to be really good friends with (before they moved). Jaron didn't want to come because we had to be there at 7am and that was way too early for him to get up on a Saturday morning...he said. Jantzen didn't want a shirt this year because they had a purple heart on them, so he just wore a gray one.
The kids were excited to see each other when we got there, it's been a long time!
There was a lot to see and do before the actual walk started. The kids found these "Storm Troopers" and "Jedi" wandering around...
...and we even found "Chewbacca".
Jantzen thought that was pretty cool.
Jaedyn got a cute little purple heart smiley face tattoo on her cheek...
...while Jantzen was put in a head lock by this crazy fellow...
We found Tiana, Belle, and Cinderella wandering around. Jaedyn was a little nervous to have her picture taken with them, I'm not sure why.
After meeting some new friends, it was time to start the walk. We walked around the mall, both inside and out, upstairs and downstairs. It was fun walking and talking with friends while supporting so many kids with heart defects.
After we were all done walking, Lara gave all the kids a heart shaped ring pop, which Jaedyn loved!
We also got bananas, water, and granola bars. Jaedyn used her banana as a phone instead of eating it...silly girl!
Here's part of the group that came to walk in support of Mylah...
...and here I am with my friend Lara who is Mylah's mom...
It was another fun year at the heart walk. I loved seeing Lara and her family again, we miss them so much! I hope that I can continue to go every year and support her cute family.
No comments:
Post a Comment