Last night Josh and I went on a date to our stake's annual "Sweetheart Ball". It's just for adults and it was a much needed night out for us. Josh is very reluctant to go to these kinds of things because he hates to dance, but I love to so he went...just for me!!
Here we are as soon as we arrived...
...can you see the excitement Josh has for being there?!?!?!
Some of our friends showed up to the dance too, so I went out and started having fun dancing with them. Josh was kind of a "wall flower" most of the night, except when it came to the slow songs...then he would dance with me. I did manage to get him to dance a teensy tiny bit with me on some of the fast songs, but not a whole lot.
Apparently I didn't know that we were having our pictures taken while we were dancing, so it was funny to see what was captured.
(From top left going clockwise: me getting down with some friends, to what song, I have no idea!; me trying to coax Josh into dancing to a fast song with me; me dancing with my friend Rebecca because our hubby's dogged us to have a "manly" conversation-not sure what was going on with my face in this one!; Josh and I chatting with Rebecca's hubby; one of the few fast dances I got Josh to do with me-not sure what I was looking at, maybe thanking the man upstairs for helping me get Josh out on the dance floor???; and lastly, me holding the gift Josh and I won)
We won this gift bag because we were on the right number on the floor. We didn't even know they were doing prizes. Josh was determined the rest of the night to win another one, but we didn't. Inside was a picture frame.
By the time the dance was over, I was really tired but happy. I had gotten to go out on a date with Josh and I got him to dance a little more outside his comfort zone. He even smiled for another picture before we left...
I love date nights where I can act like a kid again, they're the best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment