Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Shark Reef Field Trip...

Jaedyn had another field trip today with her preschool class.  This time they went to the shark reef.  She was really excited because she hasn't been there before.  I've been there several times with the boys for their class field trips.

Jaedyn thought all of the animals were really cool...

 photo sharkreef1.jpg
 
 
 photo sharkreef2.jpg
 
  She really liked hanging out in this tunnel with different fish and sharks swimming above her...
 
 photo DSCN9265.jpg
 
  However, when we got to the area where they got to touch some rays, she wanted nothing to do with that.  She wouldn't touch them at all!  She watched everyone else touch them instead.
 
 photo DSCN9269.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9272.jpg
 
  Here's Jaedyn with some jelly fish...
 
 photo DSCN9274.jpg
 
  ...the pictures I took of her with the octopus' didn't turn out very well.  She was kind of freaked out by them anyway.

This lady was our guide for the day.  She told the kids all about the different animals they were seeing throughout the shark reef.  Here she's telling them about the sharks/turtles they were about to see in the big tank.
 
 photo DSCN9277.jpg
 
 And, here's part of the big tank...
 
 photo DSCN9278.jpg
 
  The kids were looking for the turtles, sharks, and even the scuba divers that were cleaning the tank.  Unfortunatly, Jaedyn didn't really get to see any sea turtles.  I think they were hiding.

She decided to take a break from looking at the animals...
 
 photo DSCN9282.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9284.jpg
 
 After looking at the sharks for a little while, Jaedyn and her class got to go to a classroom to learn more about sea creatures...
 
 photo DSCN9287.jpg
 
 She got to see a lot of different things that come from the oceans and seas...
 
 photo DSCN9288.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9289.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9290.jpg
 
  Then she got to explore different things in the classroom, like these "Nemo" fish (Clown Fish)...
 
 photo DSCN9292.jpg
 
  Jaedyn had to pose with her friend CHarlotte by the snake...
 
 photo DSCN9293.jpg
 
 Here's a group picture of Jaedyn with her class and our tour guide...
 
 photo sharkreef3.jpg
 
  While she was exploring, an alligator tried to bite Jaedyn's finger...OUCH!
 
 photo DSCN9297.jpg
 
 I tried to get a picture of Jaedyn's whole preschool class with Mrs. Tate, but it was kind of hard getting everyone to smile at the camera, so here's what I got...
 
 photo sharkreef4.jpg
 
  One last thing Jaedyn explored was this puffer fish, she thought it was really "prickly", but cool...
 
 photo DSCN9301.jpg
 
Jaedyn had a really fun time on her field trip with her friends.  I'm so happy I was able to come with her and watch her explore different creatures that she's never seen in real life before.

No comments: