Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spelling Bee...2014!

Today was the school spelling bee at Jantzen's school.  This is the third year he has made it into the spelling bee.

Here, he is getting so excited and nervous for the spelling bee to begin...

 photo DSCN9248.jpg
 
I managed to capture one picture of him spelling a word towards the end of the spelling bee...
 
 photo 20140506_132107.jpg
 
  He did so well and actually won third place this year!!!  He was so excited because he's never won before.  He ended up going several rounds with his friend Alex (on the left) before it was over and they ended up on sixth grade words...WAY TO GO JANTZEN!!!!
 
 photo DSCN9249.jpg
 
 Jaedyn was really excited for him too, as was I!
 
 photo DSCN9250.jpg
 
  Jantzen had a lot of fun posing with his first trophy...
 
 photo DSCN9251.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9252.jpg
 
 
 photo DSCN9253.jpg
 
I'm so happy he did so well this year.  It's nice to see him happy after the spelling bee this year instead of sad and upset like he's been in the past because he didn't win anything.  In the past couple years he's studied the word lists a lot and had never won, but this year he didn't study at all.  He now thinks that's the key to his success...not studying, I had to tell him otherwise. 
 
Good job Jantzen, I'm so proud of you!!

No comments: