
I finally have some peace and quiet in my house. The boys are in bed and Josh is still at work for another 1/2 hour. So, now I'm going to vent about my day. It started out as a nice day. I got to sleep in until 7:30 and the kids didn't wake up until 8:00. Then after breakfast the chaos began. I am still trying to get my Christmas put up and my house feels like it is a disaster since we got home from Utah. And to make matters worse Jaron and Jantzen spent most of the day teasing, fighting, and yelling at each other. They didn't want to listen to me when I would tell them to stop (for some reason they only listen to Josh when he gets mad, maybe I'm not tough enough). It's going to be a long track break. January 5th isn't going to come fast enough!
So, after dinner the boys went to take their baths. While I was trying to bathe Jantzen he started to get smart with me. He was standing up and I told him to sit down, I needed to see his leg so I could wash it. He wouldn't sit down, of course. Instead he lifted his leg and said "see my leg". I finally got him washed and decided to let him play with his toys for a minute. I love to listen to him have his playful conversations. He is so funny. Tonight he was playing with Buzz Lightyear and one of his army guys. The only part of the conversation I heard was "there's no barking spiders, just ladybugs". I'm sure everyone who lives with a bunch of boys knows what I'm talking about. He can be so cute sometimes and then turn into a little stinker 5 minutes later. After I got him out of the tub I wrapped him up in his towel and told him to go to his room so I could get him ready for bed. So I guess this next part is my fault. Jaron was having problems on the computer getting a game to work so I went to help him out. I took too long, Jantzen peed on his towel and the floor. Great, now I get to clean that up too!
It's finally time to go to bed now. After prayers I tuck them in and I hear Jantzen calling for Max (his stuffed animal dog- the one from How the Grinch Stole Christmas). He loves that thing. I find him in the toy room and proceed to pick him up when I feel that he is wet. Yuck! Apparently I hadn't noticed that Jantzen was holding him while he was peeing on his towel and he got Max too. After cleaning him, and myself, up I gave him to Jantzen. Now all is peaceful and quiet. Yeah!! I love my boys more than anything in this world, but sometimes bedtime is the best part of my day. Now, if I could get rid of this headache.


2 comments:
They may be little terrors sometimes but, your boys are soooo cute! We really miss you guys! It was great to see you on Thanksgiving!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves bedtime that much! My boys do the EXACT same thing! They either play perfect and great, or teasing and fighting, there is no in between. But when they are nice, they can just melt your heart huh??!!
Post a Comment