Before we started carving I had to get our annual pictures of the kids with the pumpkins. I got some really good smiles this year...
After I got the pictures we started gutting the pumpkins. At first Jantzen was excited to help me do this, but it quickly turned into something that grossed him out. I think his exact words were, "This is so disgusting!" He's a funny kid! He wasn't too happy when I told him I was going to cook the seeds and that's what we were going to have for dinner (Not really, I think they're gross).
I love his face in this picture, he was absolutely grossed out when he touched the pumpkin "guts".
Jaron had Jace over, so they both worked on a pumpkin together. As you can see, they had fun doing it. They laughed the whole time, one day Jantzen will too.
Josh finished cleaning out the last pumpkin, then we were ready to start carving the patterns we chose this year. As always, Josh and I were the ones who did all the carving since we don't do easy patterns. So, while we carved away the kids went and played.
After a couple hours of carving and some sore wrists, (Josh and I both have carpal tunnel), we finished the pumpkins. Here's what we did this year...
Jaron's pumpkin is the "Boba Fett", Jantzen's is "Mario", and Jaedyn's is "Snow White". We tried to find a Harry Potter and Luigi pattern to match the boy's costumes, but we weren't able to. Jaedyn was the only one who had her pumpkin match her costume. I think they all turned out pretty cool anyway and the kids loved them, so that's all that matters.


2 comments:
I do not like to carve pumpkins. I think taking the guts out is gross too. I am with Jantzen on this one.
Ha ha, I love that picture of Jantzen!! That is classic! Looks like fun you guys. Next year should definitely be a lot more fun for our family Lol!
Post a Comment