Sunday, October 3, 2010

Soccer Time Again

Last Thursday Jantzen played in his first soccer game through our stake since he's now at the right age limit. He's been so excited for it to start and actually get to play instead of just watching Jaron play. Jaron decided he didn't want to play this season, he only wants to do baseball in the spring, so he gets to sit out on the sideline and cheer for Jantzen.

Here's a picture of Jantzen's team..."The Golden Eagles".

From left to right...Josh, Jantzen, Jansen, Ashley, Elijah, Bailey, Chandler, John, and McKinna.

I love how Jantzen and Jansen are the ones pulling the faces...must be in the name.


The kids got their pep talk from coach Brad, then headed out to play.


While waiting to go on the field and play, Jantzen and Jansen played around on the sideline. I'm not sure what they were pointing at, but it was obviously very interesting to them...they crack me up!


When Jantzen did get out on the field, he was put in as a defender with Bailey. He was so excited because he still calls her his "girlfriend". Again, I'm not sure what he's doing in this picture, but it's obviously not paying attention to the game. He might just be showing off for Bailey, but she doesn't look that amused.


Jantzen got a chance to do a goal kick and he did awesome! He kicked the ball pretty hard and far. He thought that was fun.


For most of the game Jantzen just stood there, not paying attention or would just chat things up with other players on his team. We kept having to tell him to chase the ball. He didn't really seem all that into playing, but I hope that changes as the season goes on. (He's #14)



The game ended up being a tie, 2-2. The kids all gave their end of game cheer, which was funny to Josh and Brad because it was so long. I love the smiles I caught on their faces.


I really hope that Jantzen starts enjoying soccer more each week. It might take him getting a goal to accomplish this, that's what it took with Jaron. We'll see how things go as the season goes on. Good luck Golden Eagles!

2 comments:

The Foisy's said...

Oh that is so fun! I can't wait till Avery is old enough to play soccer at church! I love all the pics!

Unguren said...

That is the way to get some game play...just flirt with the coaches daughter.