Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Ride of 2011...

Last Saturday we took the kids up to the dry lake bed and let them ride their bikes. We had planned on doing this on New Years day, but the dry lake bed wasn't so dry after all the rain we've gotten lately. Jaron and Jantzen were so excited to go because it's been a while since they've ridden their bikes, Josh's work schedule has been occupying his time on a lot of Saturday's.

By the time we got up there, Jaedyn had fallen asleep...lucky for her and me. She needed a nap and I didn't want to deal with her being ornery.

Jaron and Jantzen got all geared up and were ready to go! Don't they look so cute? Jaron was excited to wear his new boots we bought him the previous weekend.


I caught a cool picture of all my boys riding together (yes, they were riding and not just posing for me)...I love it!


After napping for a while, Jaedyn woke up to have some fun with the boys. At first she was a little disoriented and didn't know what was going on, but it didn't take her long to start playing around.


I had to catch a quick snuggle before she wanted nothing to do with me, only the bikes...


As soon as Jaedyn saw Josh with his bike she was very insistent on getting a ride, so he took her for one. She loved it and didn't want to get off!


On their ride, they chased Jantzen...


..and Jaron chased them...



..then they all just rode together...


After a hard ride, it was time for a snack break. Jaedyn was really enjoying her Cheetos...


The boys rode their bikes a little bit more, then it was time to load up and go home. Apparently Jaedyn didn't get that memo, she thought it was time for another ride. She helped herself up onto Jaron's bike and tried to make it go. She thinks she's ready to have her own bike...sorry princess, not for at least four more years! However, I was very impressed on how she was determined and able to get up on Jaron's bike all by herself, no one helped her at all. Should I be scared about that?





Mission accomplished! She's ready to go!


I just love how happy and excited Jaedyn is in this picture, she's going to love having her own bike one day.



We all had another fun day at the lake bed. One day I'll have a little more fun when I finally get a 4 wheeler of my own. Until then, I'll just keep enjoying my crazy boys on their bikes...and I mean crazy! Jantzen scares the crap out of me when he's riding his bike. He goes as fast as the bike will let him and tries to cut Jaron off, lucky for him Jaron pays more attention than he does. I sure hope Jaedyn's not the same way when she's on her bike...I already have way too much gray hair, I don't need any more!

3 comments:

Lara said...

What a fun family activity! Where the heck is your hot pink bike? I want to see a pic of you riding girl!! LOVE the pics of Jaedyn on the bike, she is so brave!

Shadoe said...

That looks like so much fun. I am sure you had a great time. I love the determination of Jaedyn. SO SO Cute!!!!

Shauni Kaye said...

I bet your boys absolutely love it! Jaedyn is adorable. Where exactly are you Kati....I have been wanting to do a photo shoot at sunset at the Dry Lake Beds but I have never been there before. I know there are some great places at the dry lake beds closer to primm but are you at the one off of I-15 close to Apex?