When I picked Jaron up from school on Tuesday he told me that he got stabbed by a pencil in science lab. I asked him what happened and he told me that the kids were playing a game where they would stab you with a pencil and then they would say, "pass it on", then you're supposed to do the same thing to someone else. I asked him why the kids were playing a game like that and he said he didn't know. Jaron told me that he didn't do it to anyone (he knows better) and said when he asked who did it to him that no one would fess up...cowards!! He told me the nurse cleaned it out and it wasn't bleeding, so I didn't fuss over it too much. I did tell him what a stupid and dangerous game that is to play because someone is always going to get hurt.
Later that night at dinner, Jaron told Josh about it and Josh wanted to see it. When Jaron took off the band aid I saw that it was a lot worse than how Jaron had described it. What he said was just a "stab" was more like a 1 1/2 inch gash that had been bleeding! Josh was furious!


I talked to Jaron's teacher about it the next morning and told her how mad we were about it. I told her that whoever did this to him is very lucky that Jaron's okay. His teacher lectured the kids about it and, of course, no one would admit to stabbing Jaron. I don't know why kids think games like this are funny, it better not happen again!!
2 comments:
Yikes! That looks like it hurts.
Once when I was in High school I accidently paper cut this kids eye ball...not really sure where I was going with that just couldn't help but think that sometimes being in school is hazardous.
Being stabbed with a pencil- such a fun game, wonder why it's not more popular? Dang kids.
Post a Comment