Tuesday, June 7, 2011

School Awards...

Yesterday and today my boys received their awards they earned at school for the 2010-2011 school year.

Jaron's awards assembly was yesterday morning. Before all the kids got their awards, the principle called all the students up on stage that passed both the reading and math on the CRT tests so they could all be recognized. I was so proud to see that Jaron was one of the students up there.


Then the teachers went through all the students and the awards they earned this year.


This year Jaron earned five awards. They were for passing all of the CRT test, a science award for receiving 2ND place in the science fair, for passing his math facts tests with the principle, one for excelling in the AR reading program, and the last one was for having perfect attendance at school. I'm so proud of him for all that he's accomplished this year.


Here's a close up of all of Jaron's awards...






Today was Jantzen's kindergarten promotion. The kids all started off singing a couple songs for all the parents. They sang "The Adams Family" song that was replaced with words about kindergarten and the song "First Grade, First Grade". Jantzen didn't do any actions again, but he did sing.


Then, the kids were all recognized by their teacher and the principle. For some reason I started getting really sad that he was leaving kindergarten and I almost cried. I don't remember being that way with Jaron, but maybe I was.

I just love how Jantzen is always giving me a cheesy smile...


Jantzen's teacher then called up the kids who excelled in AR reading so they could be recognized by all the parents. There were only about 7-8 kids that actually received this award in his class (out of 35 students) and Jantzen was one of them. He's done so well this year with learning how to read. Jantzen also was recognized up there as being the only kid in his class to have perfect attendance this school year. When his teacher mentioned this, she made a big deal about it and all the parents started cheering really loud for him. He had a big smile on his face and that made me happy. I'm so proud of all that he has learned this year.


Here's a close up of Jantzen's kindergarten diploma and his awards for his AR reading and perfect attendance...




After Jantzen's kindergarten promotion was over, we went back to his classroom for a little party. The kids all enjoyed a ton of yummy treats and Jantzen also enjoyed hanging out with his friends. Here he is with John who's one of his best friends...


Seriously, I don't get many pictures of Jantzen with a regular smile. He's such a funny kid with so much personality...


Here's Jantzen with his teacher, Ms. Curth. He absolutely loved having her as his teacher this year. I helped out in his class a lot this year and every time I was there she would tell me something nice about Jantzen, especially his journal drawings and sentences...she always loved them!


As a mom, it makes me so happy to see my kids not only succeed in school, but love it too. Jantzen has been telling me how excited he is to be a 1st grader now, but says he's going to have to work hard because his school work is just going to get harder...I love his enthusiasm about it. I'm so proud of both my boys for all that they've learned and accomplished this year...GOOD JOB JARON AND JANTZEN, I LOVE YOU BOYS!!

1 comment:

The Foisy's said...

Gees! Look at your talented, good kiddos!! They have done so well in school! That's just awesome. Now you only have to go to the school twice instead of three times! Yay!