Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve...2011

For Christmas Eve this year we had Kevin and the kids over for dinner (Nena had to work). We enjoyed a yummy dinner that consisted of a marinated deep fried turkey (our first time ever cooking it this way), ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, cheese ball with crackers, homemade rolls, and drinks. Everything tasted so good, especially the turkey.

The kids all sat at the little table and enjoyed their own conversations. Jaedyn was being a little stinker and didn't want to turn around for a picture...

Photobucket

...so, I went to the other side and got one of her, she wasn't very happy about that.

Photobucket

After dinner we frosted sugar cookies for Santa...even Josh got in on the cookie frosting fun. He helped Jaedyn frost a snowman red and then she decided to eat it instead of saving it for Santa.

Photobucket

Before Jaedyn was all done eating her cookie she put it down to add a few more sprinkles. I had to take the bottle away, otherwise she would have put the rest of the sprinkles on her cookie.

Photobucket

Then, she devoured the rest of the cookie...

Photobucket

Here's a Christmas tree cookie that Jantzen decorated. I thought he was going to give it to Santa, but he decided to eat it himself.

Photobucket

Here's the cookies that were frosted for Santa (on his special plate). Jaron decorated the candy cane, Jantzen decorated the gingerbread man, and Josh decorated the Christmas tree for Jaedyn because she was too busy eating her cookie to help. The kids wanted to frost more for Santa, but we told them three cookies were enough because Santa doesn't want to get a tummy ache.

Photobucket

After the kids were all done frosting cookies they played around for a little bit before it was time to go to bed. I took a quick picture of Sadie and Jaedyn before Kevin took the kids home. Jaedyn loves Sadie so much!

Photobucket

It was then time for the kids to open their Christmas Eve present. Even though the boys know what's inside, they still get excited to open them.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

It's pj's!! This year Jantzen got Spiderman pj's, Jaedyn got Hello Kitty pj's, and Jaron decided he's too old for character pj's, so he got some blue and black plaid pj's.

Photobucket

After opening their presents, the kids all took their baths and then we gathered together to read the Christmas story from the scriptures and after that we read "I Believe in Santa Claus" (we read it every year).

**No, that isn't Josh puckering up for a kiss...I caught him mid sentence.**

Photobucket

When our stories were all over, we took our annual picture in pj's by the Christmas tree. I had a really hard time getting all the kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time, so this is what I got...I love how Jaedyn had to put her arms around her brothers.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The kids then wrote their letter to Santa and set out the cookies they made for him along with his Diet Coke.

Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the letter...

Photobucket

We put the kids to bed and then enjoyed a little peace and quiet while Santa did his thing, or I should say, Mrs. Claus did her thing!

No comments: